Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a 106 quicksilver, the door is sticking when unlocked and started to take a few pulls to open but now is taking up to ten attempts to open the drivers door :-( can anyone help with the problem please

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello P34,

Sorry you've had no replies so far. Can you give a little more detail about the problem? Do other doors open ok? Does the door handle lift up ok? Does it open ok from inside? If you have the door open and try the exterior handle, do you get the same reponse on the door mechanism as on the door on the other side? Food for thought, bit more info might get more replies. I suspect the little connecting levers inside the door,but if they're dislodged the door probably would never open. It may just be the keeper on the door frame, or its adjustment, look for excessive wear.

G

·
0 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 406 rear drivers side door, it opened fine from inside but the outside handle never really 'felt' like it was connected properly.

In the end I adjusted the door latch on the bodywork ( only 0.5mm or so ) and it seemed to relieve the pressure on the latch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, it opens fine from the inside but the inside handle stays out like theres no tension, the passenger door opens as it should, the drivers door doesn't sound the same from the outside, like its failing to catch on something, the handle on the outside pulls open as normal just doesn't bring the door with it. I have given up trying to open from the outside now and reach across from the passenger side, very annoying, I'm going to take door card off tomorrow and have a look inside, cheers

·
Registered
177 Posts
I guess it will be an activating lever, makes it sound grand but it's just a bit of old coat hanger wire. It will have become detached or misplaced. You will have to go by feel rather than what you can see. Compare it to the other door if you don't know what I mean. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts