Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there all.

My 57reg 308 hdi, when the doors are opened a "Doors Open" notice is activated on the dash board. My front left door doesnt always register that it is open i.e the central light does not illuminate and the warning notice does not register, all the other doors work fine. I was thinking that maybe a sensor which registers when door is open or closed is faulty???? cant find anything online was looking for some pointers on here if at all. Is there such a sensor like the old cars plunger type in the door hinge and any locations..

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI THANKS FOR THAT!!

I have just tried to lock the door with the key manually into the lock itself and it
does literally nothing. door locks fine with the fob remotely. I guessing the lock itself is starting to play up, could that be the problem with the sensor also. Is this a fairly straightforward job to replace the lock>>

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Does the key turn OK in the lock?

Always worth squirting some 3 in 1 oil into the key hole from time to time to stop the lock tumblers sticking.

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
Its not the actual lock the key goes in its the catch the door open switch lives in the bit that actually keeps the door shut so turning the lock with the key wont help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that something that can be easily replaced or is there any common faults associated with this. Thanks for all your info so far

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Replacing the door lock is not difficult, but be aware there are eight variations per side, depending on the type of locking (central, automatic or deadlocking) and manufacture date, so getting one from a scrappy may be a problem.

If you post the last eight digits of your VIN, we can look up the Peugeot part number and which type and date.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
The lock is abit fiddly to do I didn't realise the key is to get the key lock out first which is very simple
Open door and there's a gromet under there is the bolt holding the lock on place

After that take the door card out and replace the mechanism like for like

The biggest issue is getting the cables back in but once you have the key lock and the handle out the way it's a doddle really

I was lucky getting one from a scrappie but they seem problematic so it's a gamble

Loads of eBay too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts