Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am bit lost how the door locking works once you are in the car or when you are travelling.

My issue is the doors don't get locked when i am driving. I tried the key switch next to hazard sign both in on and off (the red light goes on and off) but the doors dont get locked. I hear the switches on all the doors moving when i press that button but doors can be opened irrespective !

What is the right way to switch the doors from inside ?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi Folks,

I am bit lost how the door locking works once you are in the car or when you are travelling.

My issue is the doors don't get locked when i am driving. I tried the key switch next to hazard sign both in on and off (the red light goes on and off) but the doors dont get locked. I hear the switches on all the doors moving when i press that button but doors can be opened irrespective !

What is the right way to switch the doors from inside ?
the switch should lock the doors but only from the outside so you can still open from the inside this is due to mot laws, to test lock the doors from the inside and wind a window down and try use the handle on the outside

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the switch should lock the doors but only from the outside so you can still open from the inside this is due to mot laws, to test lock the doors from the inside and wind a window down and try use the handle on the outside
Thanks....i thought its unsafe not being able to lock doors from inside...if that is how it works....its fine...

So to lock doors from inside only option is to use child lock...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Actually, the doors get locked when you are driving and hit the lock button. They cannot be opened from outside only. Normally, when locked and you try to open the door from inside, it actually unlocks all the doors and boot(at least that is what mine does), and that is exactly what it should do for safety reasons, and only rear doors using child safety will remain locked from inside irregardless if the car is locked or not.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had this problem were it seemed to not lock, on inspection I found the boot switch had got stuck. Its also a electronic switch. So the car then refused to lock becuase the switch was constantly active. I added a small spring from a lighter and glued it in after taking it apart, since then no more problems, but that was on mine so not sure its the same issue.

To test see if the switch is still clicking.

·
11,775 Posts
On my 307 the boot would lock automatically, irrespective of whether the door lock button was active or not.

I think its to prevent people opening your boot and nicking stuff when at traffic lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts