Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have an Peugeot 207, and when the car is locked, if I try to open the front passenger door, the door opens and the car gets unlocked. It only happens with this door, if I try any other door it won't open.

Can you please give me some advises on what to do? Maybe I can fix it somehow, and it is not necessary to go to service.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Do you mean Unlocking the passenger door with the key the door will ulock all doors but if you unlock the drivers door with the key, the drivers door will unlock but all the other doors remain locked ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YES! When the car is locked, if I try the door knob of the front passenger door, the door opens and all the doors get unlocked.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Well that sounds to me like the passenger door lock is faulty and needs replacing. Should be able to pick one up from a breakers or online.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Get someone to lock the car while you have your hand flat on the passenger door skin under the handle. See if you feel any vibration from that door when the car locks. If you do, you might have a lock that just needs lubricating. If you dont feel any sort of activity, either the wiring for the locking side is faulty or the locking mechanism is not working.
The fact that the door unlocks the car when you open it says the lock is partially working and may just need a wiring repair or lubrication, or both, instead of replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
208 - 2013 model. onboard computer says doors open but all doors locked. what couldd

system indicates that right rear door is open but it is in fact locked. Replaced the central locking mechanism but problem still persists.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.

I have an Peugeot 207, and when the car is locked, if I try to open the front passenger door, the door opens and the car gets unlocked. It only happens with this door, if I try any other door it won't open.

Can you please give me some advises on what to do? Maybe I can fix it somehow, and it is not necessary to go to service.

Thanks
Hi. Did U get it fixed? I have exactly the same issue in my 307sw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts