Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a problem with my 2008 308 5dr.

The rear drivers side door will not shut unless u really slam it. If u just push it normally then it just bounces back open.

Once it has shut then it locks fine and u can't open it so it's not a lock problem (well don't think it is). Has anyone else had a similar problem. I'll end up taking it to the garage but just thought I'd ask see if there's a simple fix.

Cheers
James

·
11,968 Posts
Checkstrap is the piece of metal that stops the door swinging open too far.

You can knock the holding pin out (a replacement pin is less than £2) and dismantle it all to see if that's the problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checkstrap is the piece of metal that stops the door swinging open too far.

You can knock the holding pin out (a replacement pin is less than £2) and dismantle it all to see if that's the problem.
No it's not that bit, the door will shut ok but just won't latch closed. It swings open and closed ok just doesn't latch when shut.

Cheers

·
Registered
909 Posts
sounds like the striker (bit attached to the body of the car, not the door) has moved, you can adjust these easily with the correct torx bit.
They move if the door has tried to be closed on the seat belt.
Another option is to check the catch in the door moves freely and isn't stuck open??
Check inside and outside handles aren't sticking open too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like the striker (bit attached to the body of the car, not the door) has moved, you can adjust these easily with the correct torx bit.
They move if the door has tried to be closed on the seat belt.
Another option is to check the catch in the door moves freely and isn't stuck open??
Check inside and outside handles aren't sticking open too.
Cheers mate, I'll give those a check tomorrow. Was gonna have a look today but need the car for work tonight and don't wanna get stuck the door open.

I'll keep u posted see if I can sort it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts