Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only time I let the fuel light come on before filling up again the car started to give me problems, twice cutting out with depollution filter warning and abs came on also,,, since clearing faults and giving the car a thrash up motorway no probs but since then I read another bloke on this forum had exactly the same problems as me again after the fuel warning light came on coincidence maybe, but might just be a link somewhere,,,,,,anyone else had same?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I drive mine until the light comes on every time!
I do a lot of miles, have to fill up at least once a week.
Have never had any problems doing this.
I've never actually run it out of fuel though!

·
Registered
217 Posts
The only time I let the fuel light come on before filling up again the car started to give me problems, twice cutting out with depollution filter warning and abs came on also,,, since clearing faults and giving the car a thrash up motorway no probs but since then I read another bloke on this forum had exactly the same problems as me again after the fuel warning light came on coincidence maybe, but might just be a link somewhere,,,,,,anyone else had same?
Its a the low level switch, i suffer the same problems if the fuel light comes on, it will clear itself after about 5 restarts, tbh i can cant be bothered to change the sensor so i just make sure ive got 1/4 of a tank ;)

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I drive mine until the light comes on every time!
I do a lot of miles, have to fill up at least once a week.
Have never had any problems doing this.
I've never actually run it out of fuel though!
I'm the same - 600 plus miles a week. Fill up on Saturday or Sunday and run it down during the week and fill up again the following weekend. Low fuel warning usually lights up on my way home on Friday. No issues with errors or poor running.

P

·
0 Posts
According to on board computer when my light comes on got 60-70 miles left in tank. True this is on a 307 so maybe they aren't as bad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
low fuel warning

Well it must be a coincidence as you all say, but just to play it safe I fill up just before that light comes on lol,,, touch wood,,,

·
11,767 Posts
Its a tricky one with no perfect solution, because different scenarios suit different people. For example some only drive with half a tankful of fuel so they're not carrying around extra weight, or reducing the amount lost from an overnight fuel theft.

Some keep their tanks brimmed every week or so, regardless of how much has been used.

I fill up, drive until the warning light comes on (or if the needle is down to under a quarter and I'm passing my regular filling station) then fill up again, usually every 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I normally let it go down just before light comes on and its a £74 refill,,,, I thought that's par the course so you don't have to refill that elloys tank too often,,,,,,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts