Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since I bought my 307 in march the rear passenger door has failed to open from the outside. It opens from the inside fine and periodically it has opened from the outside (very odd occasion).

I bought a haynes manual recently and what can I say, it is great.

I was able to remove the inner door trim, gently remove the sealing sheet and remove the outer door handle. I thought this was great but I never thought for one moment what to do when its removed. I took it all off but I could not see what the problem is. Whats the point in being able to remove it if you cannot diagnose the problem.

Anyway thats not the problem. For some insance reason I decided to engage the childlock with my key, then I go and close the door.

Now I cannot even open from the inside to work at the door again. Is there anyway I can disengage the childlock

G

·
Did you leave the interior trim off when you closed it?

If so you can pull up on the connecting rod that normally runs from the exterior handle, this should disengage the lock

(i'm assuming here that the problem opening the door from outside was with the handle catch and not the lock mechanism itself, and is also assuming the rod is connected to the lock mechanism)

G

·
The 307 rear door trim is one of a very few that are held on my one screw (plus one through the handle thingy) and clips, so its easy enough to remove in an emergency with the door closed.

David

G

·
Aye true, you'd have to damage the back screwhole to get it off though

Suppose if its desperate then it could be done, you'll only ever see the damage when the door is open anyway i guess! :thumb:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Sometimes but not all the time you can hit the door with your hand below the door handle and to the rear slighty while you pull the handle , hard enough not to dent the door but hard enough to move mechanism inside,maybe a few times at speed (old wifes tale)

good luck.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help, I took the other trim off from the rear driver. Seen the difference, fixed the rear passenger exterior, opened it and disengaged it.

Happy now, no damage and all fixed.

Cheers...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts