Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Door Windows found open ~ Without any action on my part!

Okay, this has happened to me on three separate occasions ~ All the door windows were found to be ‘open’, without any attempt to do so!

The first time was when we came out of our daughters house, only to find our 3008 on the drive with all windows fully open.

The second time it happened, was on our drive. My wife & I had been out in the morning and cometh the evening I came out, opened the garage door, turned and again found all four windows open.

The third and so far final time happened this morning, a week or so after the second occasion. This time the 3008 was inside the garage where it had been for a couple of days. I opened the garage door, started to walk around the drivers side but stopped abruptly when I noticed both windows ‘half-open’.
A quick look on the other side showed both were also in the same position.

It’s just the windows that are effected. Sunroof remains shut and all doors and boot remain locked and alarmed (which I found out on the first occasion when I placed my arm inside the car to see how cold or damp it felt..... the internal sensor was as quick as an angry Yorkshire Terrier).

I’ll be giving the dealer a call later this morning but don’t fancy any chances in them finding a fault.
I’m more concerned in leaving the car on the street unattended and will be stressing that feeling emphatically with the service manager.

Feel free guys & gals to add your own vehicles little foibles/gremlins.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Funnily enough Beards I was writing my separate post on electrical gremlins at the same time as you were. I haven't had the self opening windows YET, but I guess it could be something else to look forward to. As I said in my post, I am getting annoyed with these electrical and software issues now, and with the completely clueless dealers. I'm worried about on-going reliability, especially as the car gets older. Seriously considering bailing out while it is still worth decent money.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
In my first week of 2014 model no gremlins sounds very odd almost like the reverse of a long press on the key when locking the car that shuts all windows

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Actually on second thoughts i do have a small idiosyncrasy on the rear parking sensor not working correctly never had the issue on the 307

I will probably fit a rear camera in the new year

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Wow... that is the one and only thing I was afraid of when I was buying this car, it appears as if the french just can't get their things together with electronics...

I surely hope this will be an isolated case and not something accross the range :/
Imagine comming out in the morning after a rainy night and finding your car flooded because it decided to lower all windowns on it's own.... shit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Had the open windows issue a few times with my previous 508. Never got to the bottom of it.

Fortunately it only ever happened on my drive so I got away with it.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
The windows dropping on their own is a common issue i have seen it on a few cars myself BUT it is not isolated to just peugeots it is also common on audi and fords !

Signals get crossed and strange things happen.

Its part of the problem of everyone wanting electric everything if your windows were manual they would not be able to wind down themselves :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope you get some success in fixing the problem !!...is your car keyless ??
Yes Joe. At first I thought it may have been something to do with the keys but on reflection how on earth could it isolate lowering the windows without deactivating the alarm or unlocking the vehicle?

Funnily enough Beards I was writing my separate post on electrical gremlins at the same time as you were. I haven't had the self opening windows YET, but I guess it could be something else to look forward to. As I said in my post, I am getting annoyed with these electrical and software issues now, and with the completely clueless dealers. I'm worried about on-going reliability, especially as the car gets older. Seriously considering bailing out while it is still worth decent money.
Yes Lee, I too have had the odd dashboard alarm warning here and there, with no indication what on earth was going on. Dealer could never find or repeat the problem.

In my first week of 2014 model no gremlins sounds very odd almost like the reverse of a long press on the key when locking the car that shuts all windows
I agree, but like I mentioned to Joe above, if it were the key, how on earth could it isolate such an issue?

Wow... that is the one and only thing I was afraid of when I was buying this car, it appears as if the french just can't get their things together with electronics...

I surely hope this will be an isolated case and not something accross the range :/
Imagine comming out in the morning after a rainy night and finding your car flooded because it decided to lower all windowns on it's own.... shit.
Yes; to say I’m a wee bit concerned would be putting it rather mildly.

Had the open windows issue a few times with my previous 508. Never got to the bottom of it.

Fortunately it only ever happened on my drive so I got away with it.
Interesting you also had it on a previous Peugeot.

The windows dropping on their own is a common issue i have seen it on a few cars myself BUT it is not isolated to just peugeots it is also common on audi and fords !

Signals get crossed and strange things happen.

Its part of the problem of everyone wanting electric everything if your windows were manual they would not be able to wind down themselves :)
In a puzzled sort of way, I’m almost relieved!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My first thoughts were the key Mike but probably not in your case. You may remember ages ago I reported that I found the tailgate open one morning. I put this down to accidently pressing the key button (in my pocket) while crawling around on the floor doing some DIY. Something to bear in mind (accidently pressing the button) for anyone keeping their car in a garage with a low roof.

One thing I have noticed while washing the car with a high pressure hose is that the doors continually lock and unlock together with the door mirrors folding.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
One thing I have noticed while washing the car with a high pressure hose is that the doors continually lock and unlock together with the door mirrors folding.
This happens to me too, but it happens only if the key is near or inside the car, so I don't see it as a problem. It seems to be a feature to lock the car in case it starts raining, I need to try this with windows open, I suppose it will roll up the windows too in this case.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The car will lock/unlock when you wash the car because the water triggers the lock/unlock area in the door handle. It's a common thing with cars that have keyless access.

I have not experienced open windows, but the panoramic roof blind/cover have on some occasions been shut when I have entered the car. I never closed it myself, so I have no idea why it happens.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The car will lock/unlock when you wash the car because the water triggers the lock/unlock area in the door handle. It's a common thing with cars that have keyless access.

I have not experienced open windows, but the panoramic roof blind/cover have on some occasions been shut when I have entered the car. I never closed it myself, so I have no idea why it happens.
Same here, Bluehdi has an idea why why this happens: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/1978193-post25.html

·
Registered
254 Posts
We had a DS4 and the windows were down on a few occasions but this is down to the key button being depressed.

The two new cars have no issues with Windows at all and electrically they both seem pretty good.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We had a DS4 and the windows were down on a few occasions but this is down to the key button being depressed.
Yes, but logically that would first deactivate the alarm then unlock the doors first before lowering the windows.
With mine both the alarm and locks are still activated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, but logically that would first deactivate the alarm then unlock the doors first before lowering the windows.
With mine both the alarm and locks are still activated.
Isn't the car meant to re-lock and arm the alarm if the doors aren't opened x seconds after unlocking?

..and I'm sure I read that the windows opening with a long unlock press was to cool the car down quickly on a hot day

(Also found all the windows half down after a day at work on my previous 508 GT, once even as it was raining :-(

Edit: found these sections in the new manual

If the vehicle is unlocked inadvertently
and there is then no action on the doors
or boot, the vehicle will automatically lock
itself again after about 30 seconds.
If fitted to your vehicle, the alarm will also
be reactivated automatically

Opening the windows
Depending on version, keeping your hand
behind the door handle or pressing the tailgate
control allows the windows to be opened to the
desired position.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Don't blame yourselves guys, you use the keys properly :)

I read some time ago on the French forum that Peugeot listed this issue on their board. It is a bug. You need a software update.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have to remember to put the key in it’s slot prior to washing for the same reason.
Good news for us, in that the local Peugeot dealership, only 45 kms away, is now an anointed Citroen one also.
Mike, your battery surely isn’t old enough for those inexplicable gremlins.
What is it with the appalling UK dealerships?.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts