Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am planning on replacing my clutch master cylinder but with the huge amount of work it will involve I thought a second opinion wouldn't be a bad thing.

Basically the biting point has been getting lower and lower over the last few months and now it has reached the floor and it is sometimes impossible to get into gear.

With the engine running if I push the clutch pedal down fast, I can get a gear but if I then sit there in gear with the clutch down I can hear the engine note getting deeper as though I'm letting the clutch out. At this point if I pull the car out of gear it then wont go back into the same gear or any gear unless I pump the pedal a few times.

The slave cylinder has been changed and bled.

Cheers

·
6,255 Posts
Clutch master cylinderis not a bad job on a 307. The symptoms do point to a failed master cylinder you could try blocking the clutch release arm (with a bit of wood against bell housing or cable ties) to stop it moving and then see if the pedal creeps to the floor when pressed to discount any internal clutch fault.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clutch master cylinderis not a bad job on a 307. The symptoms do point to a failed master cylinder you could try blocking the clutch release arm (with a bit of wood against bell housing or cable ties) to stop it moving and then see if the pedal creeps to the floor when pressed to discount any internal clutch fault.
Yes I'm glad you said that. I forgot to mention that i did wedge a block of wood in to stop the clutch arm from moving and if I push the clutch quickly there is some strong resistance but then the pedal does slowly move down. However, if I push the clutch pedal down slowly it gradually goes all the way down to the floor.

I just have to try and get to it. Ive removed the trim at the bottom of the windscreen and the turbo air intakes and from what I can tell the engine needs moving forward to get to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts