Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the RD4 which has bluetooth but I really want built in sat nav so was looking at my options.

The Rt3 has a sim card slot but there is no way i want to be messing with taking sim out of phone (and my carrier wont clone sim). So I was wondering if there is an option to upgrade an RT3 to support bluetooth?

If not is there any other sat nav unit that supports bluetooth?

I would go for an aftermarket system but need to keep the screen control for climate control etc. I dont really want to mount the existing peugeot screen on the dash.

I would consider a complete seperate screen mounted somewhere (permenant fixture) with a hidden unit for sat nav but I have been unable to find anything. Ideally I want something for ipod control too that shows on screen.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
821 Posts
RNEG (the so called RT5) unit has BT module, so it should do what you want. I was looking at same solution, but its too pricy for me at the moment, so best of luck, and if you take the plunge keep the documentation on it, so some of us could use your knowledg.e :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RNEG (the so called RT5) unit has BT module, so it should do what you want. I was looking at same solution, but its too pricy for me at the moment, so best of luck, and if you take the plunge keep the documentation on it, so some of us could use your knowledg.e :)

Have you any idea what the cost is for this unit? Does it have cabability for ipod and will it fit a 2006 model?

Cheers

J

·
0 Posts
Peugeot have plenty of details about it on their website, perhaps just drop them an email and ask for a price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Peugeot have plenty of details about it on their website, perhaps just drop them an email and ask for a price.
Have just taken a look and emailed them for advice of fitting and prices for supply only and supply and fit.

The RT5 is just what i'm after as it has 10GB music storage and also supports ipod and other AV inputs.

I must say though, I very much like th NG4 3D too, but not sure that would be possible as the screen folds down into the top of dash. Nice looking kit though. Will post back with Peugeots response.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Mate, from what i saw on the ebay prices vary anywhere from 700 eur to 1100 eur. Its quite a price unfortunately, but its damn sweet if you ask me :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, quite pricey, I imagine more pricy coming direct from peugeot. I'd go for a third party one if it was for needing the screen functions. But yeah, nice kit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys, just an update for you on what Peugeot have said which is unfortunate news but they seem to be saying it's a no go for putting an RT5 in a 407. I emailed 2 different dealers and these were the responses:

1)

"I have spoken to our master technician & he has informed me that the different radio units are not interchangeable so it is not possible to upgrade the system with Peugeot equipment.
Thanks for your enquiry."

2)

"Thank you for contacting Perrys Peugeot Bolton regarding your enquiry.

I have spoken to our Master Technician, and he does not recommend upgrading the system in the way you have suggested. He said the NG4 system will not work as you rightly suggested yourself, but he does not actually think the RT5 system would be compatible either.

To put some perspective on this, there are 10 different head unit options just for RT5 and over 20 head unit options for NG4, so to try and ensure firstly the correct one, and to then try and make that unit work with your existing componentry would be extremely difficult, that’s not to say it’s not possible, but as it’s not something that Peugeot officially offer it’s not something we could get involved with I’m afraid.

As far as prices go, a ball park figure for the RT5 head unit is £1601.39 + vat, and the screen is £1095.78 + vat, so you can see, at £3236.60 inc VAT, then plus fitting and experimental diagnostic work, and the map disc also, at between £150 - £200, it is prohibitively expensive to say the least.

I hope this helps in your decision making, but if you need any further assistance don’t hesitate to give me a call."

I am currently asking them for info on removing the RD4 and the effect of display functions (eg climate control) and asking for advise on changing to any other equipment. So far all I have got back is that Peugeot don't supply info on interchanging units and the only info they have is for the original equipment for the vehicle.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi guys, just an update for you on what Peugeot have said which is unfortunate news but they seem to be saying it's a no go for putting an RT5 in a 407. I emailed 2 different dealers and these were the responses:

1)

"I have spoken to our master technician & he has informed me that the different radio units are not interchangeable so it is not possible to upgrade the system with Peugeot equipment.
Thanks for your enquiry."

2)

"Thank you for contacting Perrys Peugeot Bolton regarding your enquiry.

I have spoken to our Master Technician, and he does not recommend upgrading the system in the way you have suggested. He said the NG4 system will not work as you rightly suggested yourself, but he does not actually think the RT5 system would be compatible either.

To put some perspective on this, there are 10 different head unit options just for RT5 and over 20 head unit options for NG4, so to try and ensure firstly the correct one, and to then try and make that unit work with your existing componentry would be extremely difficult, that’s not to say it’s not possible, but as it’s not something that Peugeot officially offer it’s not something we could get involved with I’m afraid.

As far as prices go, a ball park figure for the RT5 head unit is £1601.39 + vat, and the screen is £1095.78 + vat, so you can see, at £3236.60 inc VAT, then plus fitting and experimental diagnostic work, and the map disc also, at between £150 - £200, it is prohibitively expensive to say the least.

I hope this helps in your decision making, but if you need any further assistance don’t hesitate to give me a call."

I am currently asking them for info on removing the RD4 and the effect of display functions (eg climate control) and asking for advise on changing to any other equipment. So far all I have got back is that Peugeot don't supply info on interchanging units and the only info they have is for the original equipment for the vehicle.
buy rd4 with phone button bluetooth module and change some wiring and phone working fine but no satnav,no android phone working

·
Registered
821 Posts
I could swear i saw a post about a guy doing upgrade himself here on forums. Maybe do a search and surprise yourself. From what i recall he had problem with fitting antennas. Or something like that. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@ Magma 1974 - I already have the rd4 with bluetooth and that works fine, I'd just like to upgrade to sat nav and ipod control without losing bluetooth. I guess an RT3 or Rt4 with added parrot could do the trick but I wanted it all neat and on the same system if I could.

@ battlestar - I will take a look around, not sure but i'm guessing what they are mainly gettin at is that the RT5 won't fit the wiring, but not actually sure if it would physically fit the space. You would think peugeot would make their products interchangable. I just assumed they were all standard fit, especially seen as though these units are also put in citroens. It's a shame as its a nice system and just what I want.

@Jmkent - Yeah, I was gobsmacked. I knew getting direct from peugeot would be expensive but that is silly money. I saw a screen for only £195, I just couldn't find an RT5 unit. But looking at there response even if I get it cheap it may not fit or work with my current system wiring.

@ Bettyswallocks - thanks for that, will give the manual a read, could be helpful, especially if I decide on the Rt3.

Anyone know what the differences are betwen the RT3 and RT4

·
Registered
821 Posts
Anyone know what the differences are betwen the RT3 and RT4
From what i managed to figure out, RT5 connects to screen via flat cable as all processing is done in the unit, whereas RT3 connects via optical cable, also RT5 has HDD inside and is 3d, something like that.

Here are some RT5 units from ebay:

RADIO NAVI NAVIGATION DISPLAY RT5 RT 5 RNEG PEUGEOT 407 | eBay

RADIO NAVI NAVIGATION RNEG RT5 CITROEN C2 C3 C4 C5 C8 | eBay

And also even an RT4 unit with large screen:

http://cgi.ebay.es/NAVEGADOR-RT4-PEUGEOT-407-CITROEN-/120762203318?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item1c1dfcfcb6

Thats pretty much the usual prices you can see around the ebay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts