Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently fitted a fresh bag of DPF fluid to the reservoir after getting the "P FILTER ADD LEVEL LOW" message.

I still have the message (I've not got the diagbox stuff to reset it with yet) but I just wanted to make sure that the message is just info, and that the DPF feed is not being actively stopped, and then started again after the error is reset?

Am I right in thinking that there's no mechanism that cuts this off, and that the engine just takes the DPF fluid if it's there in its bag?

·
6,843 Posts
Fluid low is just a warning it will still continue to inject fluid however once it thinks it has run out it will stop injecting to protect injector pump and display risk of filter blocking message so you need to reset counters asap

Reactions: rwb

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fluid low is just a warning it will still continue to inject fluid however once it thinks it has run out it will stop injecting to protect injector pump and display risk of filter blocking message so you need to reset counters asap
Any idea how many miles after the "P FILTER ADD LEVEL LOW" message first appears, before it stops injecting and gives the risk-of-filter-blocking message?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If its telling you it needs fluid fill it up reset the counter job done why risk more issues !

If you dont get the counter reset it will stop even though it has fluid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If its telling you it needs fluid fill it up reset the counter job done why risk more issues !

If you dont get the counter reset it will stop even though it has fluid.
I already filled it up. I can't reset the counter yet because I'm having problems getting the Diagbox software working (see my other thread), and will need to set up a 32-bit virtual machine and reinstall the software before I can try connecting to the ECU and running through the process again.

How much time do I have, here?

When you say "it will stop even though it has fluid", do you mean the car will stop working altogether?

·
6,843 Posts
No car will not just stop, fluid injection will stop as stated above to protect pump from damage.

You will get a risk of particle filter blockage when this occurs as another warning after that you will stand a good chance of blocking DPF and damaging turbo if you continue to drive a significant distance

Reactions: Zenid

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
DPF reset not working - Screenshots

A few hours later, and I've installed a 32-bit version of Windows 7 and installed the Diagbox/PP2000 software from scratch. Diagbox is working and will give a full diagnostic. I went into the setting to renew the DPF fluid, and confirmed that the work had been properly done. It gave a message to say it had registered this change.

So Diagbox says that it's registered my DPF fluid renewal, but I'm still getting the P FILTER ADD LEVEL LOW error message. :confused: The attached image shows the screens I went through. The last is where I just checked the value they advised to check, I didn't mess with it though.

Any ideas why the DPF reset didn't work? Is there something else I need to do?

Attachments

·
6,843 Posts
Clear any codes in engine ecu as they may be logged until cleared. Also worth checking for any other codes such as cap sensor as this will stop a reset.

Some versions also require the removal of the fuel cap for thirty seconds as part of the reset process. However Diagbox normally prompts you to do this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Clear any codes in engine ecu as they may be logged until cleared. Also worth checking for any other codes such as cap sensor as this will stop a reset.

Some versions also require the removal of the fuel cap for thirty seconds as part of the reset process. However Diagbox normally prompts you to do this.
I cleared all the codes but they keep coming back.

P15B3 - DPF fluid level low
P1446 - DPF fluid level low
P1445 Additive adding - Says reached limit of particulate output, filter needs changing
P1352 Engine preheating - Another issue I need to sort out

So looks like I need a new filter, though some people here are saying this limit is artificial, and that I can just have it pressure-washed. But would that stop it resetting the DPF fluid counter??

How do I reset these?

·
6,843 Posts
Go into replacement parts or customer preperartion (dependent on diagbox version) and try DPF replacement or service option. This should step through reseting Additive counters and DPF replacement I normally go for a halfway value on DPF load when asked or say it's been replaced. It should then reset

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Go into replacement parts or customer preperartion (dependent on diagbox version) and try DPF replacement or service option. This should step through reseting Additive counters and DPF replacement I normally go for a halfway value on DPF load when asked or say it's been replaced. It should then reset
On the pump module, I've gone through "replacement parts"/"configuration" settings and gone with the specified 1.1L, and it accepted the change. When I interrogate it about DPF levels it gives me charts for current level (1.1L) plus two others for initial level and something else, confirming that the bag is full. When I go into the errors section, it says there are no errors. The P FILTER LEVEL LOW warning is still on the dash display.

I went into "personalised maintenance of the FAP (particulate filter)", but all it does is prompt me to do a test ("The menu is for gauging the durability of the particulate filter..." whether it should be changed etc.) and then tell me it needs replacing. I can't find where to TELL the system the FAP has been replaced. Any idea where this is?

The menu is a bit of a maze. I've checked everything "replacement"/"configuration" related but can't find this. An exact path from the main menu (Delivery, Repair, Fault finding, Maintenance) would be nice...

Also I can't seem to retrace my steps to find where I got the list of errors I gave before. Maybe I also need to reset them? I have a screenshot, and it's under the "Expert" tab, titled "EDC17C10 FAULT READINGS". How did I get here?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Problem is there are no instructions as every version of planet/diagbox differs slightly and every cars menu differs slightly

Im not sure telling it it has a new filter is going to help here as the message would normally be different for that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Problem is there are no instructions as every version of planet/diagbox differs slightly and every cars menu differs slightly

Im not sure telling it it has a new filter is going to help here as the message would normally be different for that.
So what now? The ECU thinks it's got a full load, so is it okay now? Maybe some errors need clearing? The only errors I get are on the dash display. Is there maybe a module for that which needs clearing or something? :confused:

Incidentally, I'm running version 7.02 of Diagbox.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I think you need to check IF the DPF is regenerating it should tell you how often it has done it in the DPF parameters should be doing it every 3-400 miles

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you need to check IF the DPF is regenerating it should tell you how often it has done it in the DPF parameters should be doing it every 3-400 miles
I've not come across any dialogue that tells me this. Any idea what the menu or option name is?

I've seen an option to force a regeneration, should I try that?

·
6,843 Posts
NO you need to check parameters first forced regens are always last resort
And they scare you to death when it revs the nuts of the car for 20 mins

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zenid

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The message from the computer tells me the DPF should be replaced. So it makes sense to me that I need to tell the ECU that it has been, except I can't find the option anywhere.

As for the messages on the dash, since the ECU is telling me the DPF fluid is now full, then that looks to me like the dash is throwing up out-of-date/incorrect messages. So I'm back to "how do I tell the ECU it has a new DPF?" like in this thread:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/p1445-maximum-threshold-additive-particulate-emission-filter-reached-93986/

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well I finally found the DPF parameters with the regeneration information.

Last regeneration: 234 km (145 miles, or about 3 days commuting) :)

So I'm in the clear for the time being, I assume. So why the heck won't that "P FILTER ADD LEVEL LOW" on the dash go away? The ECU says the DPF fluid level is at 100% :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts