Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just blanked the egr on my 2.0 hdi using the method of blanking the VAC pipes from the solenoid and its worked brilliantly all problems have gone

Does it need mapping out of the ECU like hdi tunings website says or is this just a line to try and sell more remaps?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if its the 2.0 hdi 90 or 110 it doesnt need mapping out as its vacuum operated, most other models need it mapping out as there electronic
Great news! Its a 110 2.0.

While were on the subject, do you know how to ensure the erg is shut?

Do I need to blow or suck on the VAC pipe?

·
5,630 Posts
Blow into the pipe, can connect vac first to open valve and then blow to ensure fully closed.

·
5,630 Posts
It is sprung shut so no vac should cause it to close, If there is some muck on valve LIGHT pressure in pipe can help close valve, if it running OK now it is likely valve is fully shut and you should not need to do anything now it blanked off

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is sprung shut so no vac should cause it to close, If there is some muck on valve LIGHT pressure in pipe can help close valve, if it running OK now it is likely valve is fully shut and you should not need to do anything now it blanked off
Good stuff, will leave it then for now.

Was going to take it off an clean it but its looks a right pain in the ass to get to!

·
Registered
81 Posts
if its the 2.0 hdi 90 or 110 it doesnt need mapping out as its vacuum operated, most other models need it mapping out as there electronic
Hi Monty, I think this is mine 2007 "136bhp 2.0 HDi with a 6speed auto gear box"

Gibbo posted this up on it for me from the VIN, does this mean I can't simply just blank off the EGR without doing a re-map??

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/155506-post5.html

Cheers George

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi Monty, I think this is mine 2007 "136bhp 2.0 HDi with a 6speed auto gear box"

Gibbo posted this up on it for me from the VIN, does this mean I can't simply just blank off the EGR without doing a re-map??

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/155506-post5.html

Cheers George
Blanked my 308 with the same engine and box as yours and never had a problem, only fault is shown when doing a Diagbox scan and that just states incorrect airflow.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Blanked my 308 with the same engine and box as yours and never had a problem, only fault is shown when doing a Diagbox scan and that just states incorrect airflow.
the only problem with yours is if the egr becomes faulty even though its blanked you either need to replace it or map it out the electrical side must still work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts