Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
could anyone shed any light on a problem i have with my 55plate 407 2.0HDI Auto est

problem is the hub has broken while getting the bearing out :/

i have been told that not all hubs on the 407 are the same and if i want one it will have to be off a 2.0HDI Auto as they are different from a manual

is this true or could i put any old 407 hub on..?

thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
Car manufacturers like to share parts as much as possible. There was two hubs made though, the older one and the newer revised one to make the balljoints last longer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys sorry for the late reply only the site wouldn’t let me login for some reason. Anyway I got the hub issue sorted so thanks very much for the much needed help. The yard I got the hub from didn’t have a clue what model it was off so I took a chance and took it to the garage to be fitted. It did fit thankfully and the only issue was the track rod end. Apparently there are two sizes of track rod ends that fit into the hub and I think that hub was the bigger gauge for the diameter to fit in the hub.anyway all done and seems ok. But now after a day or two I’m getting a few more issues eps comes up and cruise refuses to work also it will not come out of park unless I turn it off and restart it again. Grrrrrrr. It’s quite intermittent I think but will plug it in and see hoping it’s nothing major as I like the car as it’s comfy for me with my back being bad and the sciatica I have. It’s took me a bloody long time to find a car I can get about in and not ache my leg as much as other cars have. 😕

·
Registered
15,114 Posts
If you have an ABS/ESP fault this normally disables cruise control your shift lock problem might be your brake switch as it has 2 sets of contacts 1 for the lights 1 for other functions including shift lock and cruise control.

Switch might well be the cause of ALL your issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts