Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 407 hdi sport dec 2006. Just wondering if anyone knows where the low port is for regassing?

Many thanks

J

·
0 Posts
I was told/shown by Peugeot that the regas connection is to the back left of the engine. Look at the cover, then on the rear left corner there is a pipe coming up from the back with a black plastic plug on. Can post a pic if you can't find it. This is for the 2.0HDI so not sure if your engine is the same?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, thats great info, will check tomorrow when it's daylight. Then just got to wait for the ez chill to arrive, can't wait, so fed up of having to stick my head out the window with this hot weather.

Is there just the one port there? Just want to make sure I stick it on the right one, someone said that peugeot's high and low ports both have identical black caps on and can't quite see on that photo from CAB's link.

C

·
0 Posts
Only one port there, and if you're using ez chill/interdynamics gear I know that the hoses only fit on the low side port.
Just be glad you aren't doing a fiat as they use the same port on the fuel lines.

J

·
0 Posts
Looking at the price of that at Halfords, it is cheaper to get it done at a garage than yourself. Take it you've managed to buy it for less than Halfords?

C

·
0 Posts
I use the same make but have the recharge gun and then buy cans of gas as you need, sometimes I use a different make of gas and it works out at between £15-£20 to top up. Castrol top up cans work out the cheapest.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I found it quite a bit cheaper than halfords on ebay. I thought about the initial cost with the gun but I am led to believe one can may do 2 regas. And once I have the gun I only need the refills so works out cheaper in the long run.

Where do you get your's from CAB?

C

·
0 Posts
Local indy motorfactors for the castrol top up's, but off the net prospect auto spares, there is another seller on the net but wants £10 deposit for each can refunded when returned so don't use them anymore.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Local indy motorfactors for the castrol top up's, but off the net prospect auto spares, there is another seller on the net but wants £10 deposit for each can refunded when returned so don't use them anymore.
Just looked at prospect auto spares but can't find the castrol refill even when I do a search. Any chance you have a direct link to it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the EZ Chill came today so just done the refill now, not looking good so far though as it's looking like I may have a leak. When I connected the pressure gauge it showed zero but the second I pressed the trigger to fill it jumped right up to the top of the blue but then dropped back down into the green. I got up to approx 36-37psi (in the blue) and it would not go any higher although the can wasn't empty. The instructions say at the ambient temp of 21 degrees it should be between 35 and 40 psi. I emptied the can but still got no higher psi. I left it running for a few mins and the air was cool inside, check the psi again and it had dropped to 32psi :(. Gonna leave it and see what it is tomorrow. i'm hoping the leak sealer will sort it out and that it wont drop too low.

If not though, any ideas how much it might cost to repair a leak?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I saw that product too, but the easy chill i bought supposedly had a leak sealer in too. Not sure how i'd find the leak anyway, everything seems concelealed apart from the pipes around the high and low ports.

I think the gas was actually empy and the compressor wasn't kicking in because of that. So looking back at the instructions I should have only used half the can initially so get the compressor working and presumably seal the leak before waiting a few mins and continuing to finish off the can.

I've not been out today to check i'm just hoping it atleast retains some of the gas and i'll know the leak has stopped.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts