Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a 08 reg 308 SW (that's what I can see from the car body). But for some reason, the user manual I have in the car is for 307 (I suppose they are very similar to each other maybe?)

I cannot find any information regarding it's audio equipment. The CD disc I burned worked fine. But about 18 songs per disc is insufficient. I read in the manual it supports MP3 format. So I burned an MP3 disc yesterday. Unfortunately, the audio unit doesn't like it at all. As long as I tried to play it, the screen showed search information for about 3 secs (Something like 'CD ...'). Then, the disc would be ejected automatically and it starts playing radio.

Does 308sw support MP3 discs? It does have bluetooth. Although I can see from the display while changing the inputs (radio, cd, aux), I cannot find the aux-in port either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I have the same CD player as you do on a 308 SW from 2008. It plays mp3.
I had once the problem you have, but I realize it was a wrong setting when I burned the mp3 disk.
Try to reburn the disk with different settings and should work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

I have the same CD player as you do on a 308 SW from 2008. It plays mp3.
I had once the problem you have, but I realize it was a wrong setting when I burned the mp3 disk.
Try to reburn the disk with different settings and should work.
thanks for your reply. yes, it's the settings, especially the sampling rate.

for those might come across this later, you have to use some format conversion software (I use 'Format Factory') to convert the mp3 file's 'sampling rate' (this is different from the bit rate of the mp3 file). 308 SW CD unit only supports two sampling rates: 22.05 kHz or 44.1 kHz. By converting all the mp3 files to 44.1 kHz, works perfectly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2010 model played MP3 discs.

You can find the handbook for your car in Service Box. Click on the Francais tab at top right to get the English version.
INFOTEC - Service Box Peugeot
cheers, man. managed to get one now.
burned the mp3 in 44.1 kHz sampling rate. it worked.

next problem would be to find the mystery aux-in port somewhere.

someone did mention the glove box, I found two inputs there (very similar to those shown in the picture below), but they are not for 3.5mm aux-in.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The aux input fitted as standard is what you show in your pic as in RCA style plugs not 3.5mm headphone type you just get an adapter lead with headphone plug at 1 end rca at other

1 - 6 of 6 Posts