Peugeot Forums banner

Dodgy CPU (or whatever it's called...)?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  john_h 
#1 ·
In another thread, I had a moan when the battery died.

Last Friday, I picked up some bits from our local Peugeot dealer (the fourth wheel brace, towing-eye and indicator bulb-holder). I started the car, and straight away got out to check if the front near-side indicator was working. As I got out, the car died. It then would not start. It turned over OK, but seemed not to fire. The STOP and engine warning lights were on. After a couple of attempts, I when into the dealership to ask if some could have a quick look/listen, and maybe had an idea as to what was wrong. But, they were too busy, and might be able to look at it the next day...

When I got back to the car, I remembered when it died a couple of weeks back, and we got a new battery. I had just started the car, and pulled away a bit too soon, and the engine stalled. We couldn't even bump start it then. I also remembered it happened once a few years back. Then, I left it, and went back to it about 30 minutes later, and it started OK.

So, I disconnected the battery, and left it off for about five minutes. after reconnecting it, I left it again for a couple of minutes (I read elsewhere you need to not touch anything for about a minute after reconnecting the battery.) After that, the car started perfectly, and has been running OK since.

The only thing I can think of, is that the stall caused the engine system to think there was a fault. Disconnecting the battery for a while reset things.

Is this common, or is there likely to be something real expensive lurking under the bonnet...?

See less See more
#2 ·
i dont know if its me but for the first bit of that screamed alternator to me...but on reading more i would say you have a serious problem. best bet if to take it to the dealer and see if there is an update for your ECU/BSI maybe this will iron out faults.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.