Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 2003 1.6 307sw failed its' NCT (MOT) yesterday - the tester said the rear fog light comes on when in reverse gear, and the reversing light come on when the rear fog light switch is turned on?

All other lights on the back are working as they should.

Any ideas? I should add that I have a floppy indicator stalk :eek: and the button on the end of the wiper stalk doesn't work. Does it sound like I need a new COM2000, or could it be a simple earth fault?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i would initially say the wires seemed swapped over somehow. but dpmiller could be correct, i have not had planet for yonks :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Kind of makes sense, for RHD and LHD I suppose.... can't see how it would have changed though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I replaced the dodgy COM2000 with a shiny new one - the indicators and trip computer are working now.

The problem with the lights at the rear was unrelated to COM2000. The previous halfwit inbred f**wit numpty owner had fitted a towbar himself without understanding how electricity works.

I must have pulled out two yards of insulating tape from the wiring looms on both sides at the rear. Wot a pro - he didn't even use scotchlocks....:shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts