Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm likely to be going over old ground here, but if I put in the vin and engine number of my daughters 2006 307cc, could anyone tell me what engine it is. Also part number for all filters, oil,air,fuel and air con. Maybe also details on an engine flush. what type of oil and how much in litres. just thought I'd give it a birthday after I've just change the window regulator and giving it back to her.
Thanks for reading
Bruce

·
6,282 Posts
Digits 6-8 of the VIN should give you engine code from that you should be able to ID all filters etc. Oil would be a good quality 5-30 or 10-40 oil.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Windy
So 6-8 is RFJ could it be a 1.6 or 2ltr petrol ?
And I think there is 3 types of those if I'm reading the blogs right.
Bruce

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Check inside the doors. Engine is often found on one of the stickers along with tyre pressures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I have so far.
2 ltr 16valve 143hp auto
takes 5 ltrs of 5w40
in Aust, the filters maybe Ryco
oil Z543
air SPO173793
Pollin SPO643217

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
6,282 Posts
Yes 2.0 16V engine (EW10A) Oil is fine.

Those filters come up in cross reference so should be correct, however they do have a habit of random swapping some parts with no real breakpoint in numbers.

On later engines its pot luck as to weather you get a spin on oil filter cartridge or paper insert filter

so a quick eyeball on the engine is worth doing to check

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need help again

well, the cabin filter is in, the air filter is in, oil filter - what a job. just wouldn't spin off. Using a 27mm 6 sided socket, finally got it off. Thought it was glued in.. Anyway, change the paper cartridge and replaced o ring, filled with oil, started the car, oil seeping out of the black screw on cap. Cant see the smallest of pin holes next to the nut edge on the dome. I may have stressed/cracked the top getting it off. :confused:
Can this be bought as a spare part. Does anyone know the part number??
or hit the wreckers??
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, contacted the Peugeot dealer today and you can't buy the oil filter cap by itself. comes with filter, body and oil cooler at a lovely sum of $400.AU.
So visited all the Peugeot wreckers, no luck there. Is there any aftermarket ones?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oil filter cap

Hi Terry,
the cap in the link is very similar, the nut at the top is solid and it appears a little taller in the top half. the inside has a spring and valve type of set up. I've looked through Germany and Uk ebay sites and haven't found no like for like. Maybe the after market ones are different..
Would you know the part number of it.

Hope you, your family and all other readers had a super Christmas.:)
Bruce

1 - 11 of 11 Posts