Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be looking at changing my car in the next few months and been having a right good look at the market and i can honestly say there isnt a car that rivals the 407 SW in terms of luxury, looks, practicality,driveability and value for money! The only other car i like is the Alfa 159SW but they are lot more expensive with questionable reliability for what i want to use it for.

So there we have it, it looks like the replacement discocab with be another 407 SW but an x-line so i dont have any dpf issues!:thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
I know what you mean, I've been looking lately to see what I like the look of and narrowed it down to audi a4 or a6 estate, 5 series bmw or hang on to the 407 a bit longer which is what I think I'm going to do depending on up coming MOT.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just switched away from a Fiat Stilo after pure dedication to Italian cars. The Stilo had the highest running costs of any car I have owned. One obvious option for me was a 159 but I was wary of going for another Italian. Started looking for a Volvo V50 - but they are so common !! Have always liked the looks of the 407 SW but discounted it as too big. However, I am just a shallow male and fell for the looks of my 33K miles gold one. The sensible part of my brain (tiny wee bit at the back) tells me a Passat would be a good move or maybe an Octavia.

Of course for real reliability, one should go Japanese...

Leo

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just switched away from a Fiat Stilo after pure dedication to Italian cars. The Stilo had the highest running costs of any car I have owned. One obvious option for me was a 159 but I was wary of going for another Italian. Started looking for a Volvo V50 - but they are so common !! Have always liked the looks of the 407 SW but discounted it as too big. However, I am just a shallow male and fell for the looks of my 33K miles gold one. The sensible part of my brain (tiny wee bit at the back) tells me a Passat would be a good move or maybe an Octavia.

Of course for real reliability, one should go Japanese...

Leo
Love Italian stuff myself having owned 11 Alfas previously but dont think i could trust one as a taxi in all honesty. Hate Passats and Octavias and dont like Jap stuff either. Thought about the Fiat Croma but its hideous in the flesh so its either 407 SW again or 159 SW

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine was £2495
At the time I was looking for a Mazda 6. Each one I found had rusty wheel arches! Refused to pay that kind of cash for a car already rusting.
Saw the 407...liked the shape and there was nothing could get close to it for comfort or equipment. Still not sure if it's wise to keep it with possible running costs though.....but to be fair I reckon I could sell it right now for what I paid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts