Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Peugeot People,

Your thoughts please.

My 2003 307 has been making a particular sound and shaking like a washing machine when cold for a year or too. My mechanic says its due to faulty hydarulic lifters (thanks Peugeot!) which need to be replaced for $3000.

So I replace them now or sell up for around $14000 (minus $3000). My mechanic says better to replace them and keep it for another couple of years as its done most of its depreciating anyway.

Im looking for a 2nd opinion.

Thank you!
Seb

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sebastien said:
Good Peugeot People,

Your thoughts please.

My 2003 307 has been making a particular sound and shaking like a washing machine when cold for a year or too. My mechanic says its due to faulty hydarulic lifters (thanks Peugeot!) which need to be replaced for $3000.

So I replace them now or sell up for around $14000 (minus $3000). My mechanic says better to replace them and keep it for another couple of years as its done most of its depreciating anyway.

Im looking for a 2nd opinion.

Thank you!
Seb
What engine is it mate? How many miles has it done?

D

·
0 Posts
Is it a 2.0 litre petrol. Happens to the EW engine as a result of lack of oil. These engines burn alot of oil.
If any other engine then its very rare to have tappet problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2L and it has done about 55,000 km so 34,000 miles. Ive taken good care of it with regular services etc but I wonder about the oil.??

D

·
0 Posts
If I was you i'd live with it. Try using a fully synthetic 5w/30 oil, Total Ineo ECS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anti-pollution fault!

Super - 2 months after service and the anti-pollution fault light keeps flashing at me. Any takers on this one? Also, what does it mean?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sebastien said:
Super - 2 months after service and the anti-pollution fault light keeps flashing at me. Any takers on this one? Also, what does it mean?
Do a search, plenty of info on this topic.
If you don't find an answer, you would be better off starting a new topic with the new problem otherwise you're unlikely to get a response..

D

·
0 Posts
Get a diagnostic check done and post up the P Codes that are in your ecu.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts