Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
765 Posts
I thought all the "safety" systems on the car used the radar which isn't behind the screen. The forward facing camera is just for speed sign recognition and to drop the high beam, and I can't see why they would need calibrating??

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Storeman :lol:

Don't the camera in the screen read the speed signs and warn the driver as required? As far as I can see it's about that system so it's probably relevant .

Grumpy

· Registered
765 Posts
Thanks Storeman :lol:

Don't the camera in the screen read the speed signs and warn the driver as required? As far as I can see it's about that system so it's probably relevant .

Grumpy
What I meant was I can imagine calibrating a radar or lidar, but a camera I'd expect to continue to work without adjustment.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the article there's a picture of what looks like a camera, so I guess that's what they're talking about too..

· Registered
544 Posts
That's my view of automatic transmissions! :D
Unfortunately some of us don't have the choice Olli. If I didn't have an automatic transmission I wouldn't be able to drive, go to work and would lose all my independence. I used to love driving manual cars but it's not an option anymore. I always said I could manage without an automatic but when I eventually gave in and had one I realised just how painful driving had become. I now have to drive an auto even though it costs quite a lot extra for the privilege!

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Unfortunately some of us don't have the choice Olli. If I didn't have an automatic transmission I wouldn't be able to drive, go to work and would lose all my independence. I used to love driving manual cars but it's not an option anymore. I always said I could manage without an automatic but when I eventually gave in and had one I realised just how painful driving had become. I now have to drive an auto even though it costs quite a lot extra for the privilege!
Don't feel too bad Gill,
I'm a double-declutcher (crash box's) from way back and have secumbed to the wiles of the modern auto ......but I can and do still use the left one though.
I'm just grateful that we don't have the double clutch complexity of most European brands .

· Registered
544 Posts
Don't feel too bad Gill,
I'm a double-declutcher (crash box's) from way back and have secumbed to the wiles of the modern auto ......but I can and do still use the left one though.
I'm just grateful that we don't have the double clutch complexity of most European brands .
Thanks Dave. I have to confess to not having double declutched for many, many years and then it was only in my dad's old Austin A35 (if I remember rightly) that I used to drive on the beach in Wales. At the time I thought I'd never get the hang of such a complicated thing and I didn't need to as synchromesh came in by the time I was legally allowed to drive

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Thanks Dave. I have to confess to not having double declutched for many, many years and then it was only in my dad's old Austin A35 (if I remember rightly) that I used to drive on the beach in Wales. At the time I thought I'd never get the hang of such a complicated thing and I didn't need to as synchromesh came in by the time I was legally allowed to drive
I'm starting to wonder for how much longer the manual option will survive in any case Gill.

· Registered
160 Posts
I'm sorry if you found my comment offensive. The point of my tongue-in-cheek comment to another poster was that even if you think that some piece of modern technology is pointless, some other people much might enjoy using it.

I know I'm regarded as old fashioned due to the fact that I always want my cars with manual transmission, but I enjoy driving more that way. I can accept that other people have valid reasons for choosing automatic gearbox.

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
I'm sorry if you found my comment offensive. The point of my tongue-in-cheek comment to another poster was that even if you think that some piece of modern technology is pointless, some other people much might enjoy using it.

I know I'm regarded as old fashioned due to the fact that I always want my cars with manual transmission, but I enjoy driving more that way. I can accept that other people have valid reasons for choosing automatic gearbox.
Anyway...back on topic,.....

Thanks for the screen lnk Grumpy.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.