Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Could you all based on a real experience tell me if you can see this new toy all new 3008 to be able to get to the 250000 KM mark safely without being a loyal customer to the garage after the warranty expires?

The thing is that I do high mileage which is something like 50000 KM every year, in this manner, to last for 5 years, I need 250000 KM.

Do you think this car is reliable enough to reach that mileage in 5 years without major issues?

Best Regards

·
Registered
683 Posts
None of us have a Chrystal ball to see into the future, I would say if the car is serviced regularly and driven with a degree of kindness it stands as much of a chance as any other of todays cars reaching 250000 specially a diesel which with those miles I assume you would be driving.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi Guys,

Could you all based on a real experience tell me if you can see this new toy all new 3008 to be able to get to the 250000 KM mark safely without being a loyal customer to the garage after the warranty expires?

The thing is that I do high mileage which is something like 50000 KM every year, in this manner, to last for 5 years, I need 250000 KM.

Do you think this car is reliable enough to reach that mileage in 5 years without major issues?

Best Regards
Well for a start i don't expect to clock up any more than 10 till 11k per year and i will go to a different Peugeot dealer for my servicing ..

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
New product + New technology + French = Highly Unlikely
If you hate French cars so much or have such a low opinion of them then I fail to see why you are even a member of a French car forum!

Many people are driving around in Peugeots that have equalled or past that figure. Yes they are old cars but back when they were originally made they were as you so uneloquently put it - New product + New technology + French

Peugeots are no less reliable than most other mass market marques and possibly more reliable than some. A lot more reliable than a lot of the exotic supercars that the vast majority of the world will never be able to afford.

When every other marque starts to produce a product that never has a recall and never needs anything doing to it except servicing and replacing consumer wear & tear items while Peugeot stays the same as they are today then maybe you snide comment would hold some credibility. Instead it just gives the impression that you have a grudge against the marwue and are bitter about it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
None of us have a Chrystal ball to see into the future, I would say if the car is serviced regularly and driven with a degree of kindness it stands as much of a chance as any other of todays cars reaching 250000 specially a diesel which with those miles I assume you would be driving.
I actually have the 1.6 Petrol automatic engine.
I was more into seeing if any of the old 3008 has reached that much, it's mostly the same engine, gearbox, and suspension.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you hate French cars so much or have such a low opinion of them then I fail to see why you are even a member of a French car forum!

Many people are driving around in Peugeots that have equalled or past that figure. Yes they are old cars but back when they were originally made they were as you so uneloquently put it - New product + New technology + French

Peugeots are no less reliable than most other mass market marques and possibly more reliable than some. A lot more reliable than a lot of the exotic supercars that the vast majority of the world will never be able to afford.

When every other marque starts to produce a product that never has a recall and never needs anything doing to it except servicing and replacing consumer wear & tear items while Peugeot stays the same as they are today then maybe you snide comment would hold some credibility. Instead it just gives the impression that you have a grudge against the marwue and are bitter about it.
So, you feel that it has an equal chance with something all new like the Mazda CX5, Honda CRV or Renault Koleos!

·
Registered
509 Posts
My first opinion would be with a petrol engine and the harsh dusty environment of the UAE where you are it would be a no but that's not saying it can't be done with careful driving and shorter service intervals which is something I would do if I were in the UAE. Especially shorter air filter lifetimes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My first opinion would be with a petrol engine and the harsh dusty environment of the UAE where you are it would be a no but that's not saying it can't be done with careful driving and shorter service intervals which is something I would do if I were in the UAE. Especially shorter air filter lifetimes.
Sure, I will be doing once I get confident enough to confirm the booking I did.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hmm my 2006 Ford Focus (11 year old) had 63,000 miles on it before I got the 3008 so I'm probably not the best person to comment on that! Originally I bought that 1.8 TDCI because it had the old series 1 diesel block, and people have 300K miles+ without it even having sounding rough.

However since I got my 3008 in May I have done 1700 miles.. so double the rate!

EAT6 would be a concern for the long miles - they say "lifetime oil" but people have indicated 60K miles max and I would be tempted to change the gearbox oil before then.
Next is how long the OLED screen will last however that's less todo with miles more todo with illumination time.

The car is designed for lightness with economy in mind, so how long that will last is debatable. I think the only cars that possible get a like treatment with UAE are trucks in Texas which are often down-tuned to keep running for long miles.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The body and the engine are pure Peugeot but much of the rest is from 'suppliers' including the Toyota owned auto which you would find in a Corolla and ATE(?) brakes in other European cars.
Instrumentation from Continental, HVAC unit from Valeo etc.
Airbags from anyone other than Takata:nono:
All cars have a design life of 'just' 10 years now because the environment needs relief by way of constant reductions in emissions......it's a form of unwritten contract and understanding between government and industry and keeps people employed to boot.
That's capitalism.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Volvo have stated they intend to be all electric powered from 2019 design models on......ie NO ICEs anymore.
Something to think about.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Volvo have stated they intend to be all electric powered from 2019 design models on......ie NO ICEs anymore.
Something to think about.
No, not really. Volvo have stated they'll include electric motor in all designs from 2019. That means all-electric or hybrid (with diesel or petrol engine).

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I wish Volvo good luck selling those electric cars in the UK with it's woefully inadequate charging network. Hopefully they will have a much better range than those currently on offer from other manufacturers.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
A well driven and maintained car can do 250k km easily i have had plenty of peugeots over the years with over 500k miles this applies equally to ANY brand they can all do big miles but they will ALL cost money along the way.

There is no such thing as a free ride !!

As for electric i believe this IS the future and current cars can do 100 miles per charge for the majority this actually IS enough but hybrids are being pushed rather than pure electric as there is still oil left in the ground.

Until the oil is gone the ICE is here to stay.

As for woefully inadequate charging network this is purely down to supply and demand and even now you could drive from lands end to john o groats on pure electric with a little planning this can only improve over time.

Services have charging points supermarkets have charging point car parks have free parking at charging points you just need to think differently.

Its a bit like 25 years ago i started using LPG everyone said they will just put the tax up it is STILL half the price of petrol!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Out of interest have you ever owned an electric car? There are far fewer charging points than you seem to think, and many of them are out of order regularly, or have owners of petrol/diesel cars parked in the bays. or are the wrong type of charger for a specific car. You simply cannot plan a long trip with any real confidence.

·
Registered
420 Posts
All cars have a design life of 'just' 10 years now
No, they don't. They work for as long as you want them to, but the costs starts rising after around 5 years/100 000 km.

Fun fact: the average wrecked Peugeot in Norway is 17,2 years old. Since you mention Volvo, the Volvo gets 22,4 years old on average.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Out of interest have you ever owned an electric car? There are far fewer charging points than you seem to think, and many of them are out of order regularly, or have owners of petrol/diesel cars parked in the bays. or are the wrong type of charger for a specific car. You simply cannot plan a long trip with any real confidence.
I would not worry too much about not having enough chargers :p You have way higher charger density than we have in Norway, and here the Tesla is called Passat because it's so regular. Also, you charge your car at home at night if you are not planning a longer trip.

Tesla charging points in England

1 - 20 of 40 Posts