Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 307 1.6hdi engine still turnover but not fire, I have fit all new glow plugs, fuel filter and prime still not start. All fuse are fine but the relay test with Muitlmeter Ohm gives out 0.7 on both are they good? What about fuel cutout do I have one on my car and my battery is new no error codes mystery

·
Registered
287 Posts
peugot planet diagnostic or a cheap scanner?

its not a glowplug issue glowplugs are only needed below -10

what is import is the engine cranking fast enough low crank speed will make it difficult to impossible to start.

If you dont have access to diagnostics that allow you to see engine sensors try bump starting it as this will crank the engine over faster than the starter. Ofcoarse this could get you stuck away from where you want to park the car if it doesnt start.

why did you fit new glow plugs all new glowplugs? was it a DPF related issue, anyway as far as i know this wont stop it from starting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is 2005 which don't have a DPF, I change glow plugs because I took off and test with multimeter was in a terrible condition after 147,000 miles that why I replace with new one. So I think the starter motor not turn over quick enough as you said, I will remover and inspection the motor thanks for more info

·
Registered
287 Posts
My car is 2005 which don't have a DPF, I change glow plugs because I took off and test with multimeter was in a terrible condition after 147,000 miles that why I replace with new one. So I think the starter motor not turn over quick enough as you said, I will remover and inspection the motor thanks for more info
It may be worth checking the fuel system as well, incase air is getting into the system, injectors working properly fuel pump etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If there is air in fuel system, can I bleed? I notice fuel filter on the top little plastic nut is that bleed nipple?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts