Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2006 1.6 HDI SE. Everthing seems to work apart from I don`t get the ESP light on ignition so I tried spinning on wet grass & got no light flashing or controlling effect. I also don`t have the ESP OFF button next to the Hazard warning switch nor do I have the alarm off switch either... I would have thought the 2006 car had ESP & alarm as my 2003 SE model did have it??

How could I confirm that it`s present & just not functioning?

J

·
0 Posts
If you want to post, or PM me, the last 8 digits of your VIN I can check what it had fitted when new

·
Registered
673 Posts
Mine has esp or a form of traction control but i also dont have a button for it....if im not mistaken the SE is a top spec trim so should have it...mines a dturbo which comes with a lot of gadgets and i know i have it as i checked in planet....maybe even its just turned off in planet.....:cool:

·
Registered
387 Posts
As far as I am aware, all 407's have an alarm as standard, all have ABS as standard but I can't find anything to say whether ESP is standard in all versions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm on my second 307 hdi se, first was a '55' hatch, and now a '57' sw, and neither of mine has had esp or an alarm. You can tell from how easy it is to spin the tyres in the wet.
To have esp, it needs to have the button to deactvate it on the dash, by the central locking button.
I looked at a 2l petrol 307 Sport which had the esp. Sport looks like a higher spec on the post face lift 307, as it also has leather seats.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers, it`s strange then that the older 2003 SE had esp but this facelift 2006 SE doesn`t??

What would be involved in fitting it then?

BTW- does the VIN (or the numbers I sent) tell you the paint name?

D

·
0 Posts
Cheers, it`s strange then that the older 2003 SE had esp but this facelift 2006 SE doesn`t??

What would be involved in fitting it then?

BTW- does the VIN (or the numbers I sent) tell you the paint name?
Cheaper to buy a car with both already on.
Unless you go for an aftermarket alarm.
The ESP, forget it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm on my second 307 hdi se, first was a '55' hatch, and now a '57' sw, and neither of mine has had esp or an alarm. You can tell from how easy it is to spin the tyres in the wet.
To have esp, it needs to have the button to deactvate it on the dash, by the central locking button.
I looked at a 2l petrol 307 Sport which had the esp. Sport looks like a higher spec on the post face lift 307, as it also has leather seats.
Incorrect. ESP is present on alot of 307's which do not have the button on the dash.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/how-add-esp-button-your-307-esp-cars-only-31865/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts