Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title, I'm going to have a sniff about round some scrappys tomorow to see if I can pick up a radiator for my 2.0 110.

Are they are the same?

Reason I ask is that all the ones on ebay suggest they will fit any model of the 307 which I find quite hard to believe as everything else with this car seems to be engine code related..

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't think they are so measure up the size (width & height) and take a photo of yours is the only suggestion I can make
Not at all likely that a 1.4/1.6 rad would cool a 2ltr engine sufficiently

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I was thinking the same thing but all the ones on ebay seem to suggest otherwise.

Yeah I will do.

May just buy from eurocarparts, at least of it doesn't fit I can take it back.

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
All bigger engine ones are actually the same rad diesel or petrol I put a petrol rad in a diesel one a few weeks ago.

Smaller engines use a smaller rad but front panel can take the bigger rad so either can be fitted so basically ebay listings are correct in that they fit all.

To be honest most newer Peugeot and citroen rads are very similar

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great thanks mate. Ebay it is then and save a fair few quid.

Does the bumper need to come off the get the rad off a 2.0 hdi? Looks kids tight and ive not had a good look at it yet.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just been on "buypartsbuy" web site and they list 4 different ones for a 2.0 diesel but as don't know car reg couldn't look further
If you go look, click on "more info" and it gives the actual radiator sizes for each one

·
11,722 Posts
I'd say no. I've looked on Servicebox and there are at least eight different parts numbers, depending if the car has aircon or a OIL-WATER DISTR CHAMB, or a WATER/OIL EXCHANGER.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
no there not the pipe connectors are all different, you need to make a template of yours where the pipes go into the rad and look on ebay to cross reference

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
Yes there are various combinations of pipework etc and indeed oil cooler transmission coolers aircon or not etc etc BUT the rads are all basically the same the fittings can be swapped over if needed for different layouts etc.

They are all the same basic design its mainly the width that changes to suit bigger engines with aircon ones having a slightly different width to non aircon but they all can fit even citroen ones will fit !

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If you have aircon or use the car for towing get the biggest radiator available. I wouldn't bother with a secondhand one, a new one will last probably the life of the car, and works out very inexpensive in the long term.
Don't forget there are lots of substandard clone parts on ebay, good luck resolving any issues with parts that fit but don't perform as expected.

Roger.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool.

I think I'll just get the eurocarparts one, only an extra 15 quid over the ebay ones but if it doesn't fit or starts leaking after an hour I'll take it back

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
£15 well worth spending in my view. For your money you can sort out any issues with it being the wrong one simply by going back to Europarts, it's unlikely they will get it wrong, but possible. Also, if it develops a fault in a few months due to faulty manufacturing you can still take it back. Again, unlikely, and a lot more unlikely than if you bought a "cheap" one from ebay.

Roger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts