Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am sure this has been raised time and time again but I am going to have to replace my DMF fairly soon as its developed the dreaded squeak!

Normally, I would replace a DMF like for like but see that Peugeot actually brought out a replacement SMF for the 307 hdi 110 models. My question is, has anyone had this fitted to theirs? Results?

I do a lot of motorway miles in mine and unless it seriously starts to fall to bits I will be keeping it for a while yet. :thumb:

Cheers

·
Registered
552 Posts
Being a kit is available I wouldn't hesitate to stick the SMF on it. By creating a replacement SMF kit for the 110's Peugeot s clearly admitting there is an issue!

What ever people have said about the extra vibrations damaging the drive train and such, have unlikely got any 100% solid link between them, and is merely speculation.

The way I see it, higher power, larger diesels have had SMF's long before the flawed DMFs came along with out issue, so as far as I'm concerned the DMF can suck a bag of dicks.

Phil

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Phil... I was thinking the same about the fact Peugeot now supply this as a replacement it must be fine to do this. It also means that when the dpf plays up/I get it removed, I can crank the remap right up knowing there won't be further problems with the DMF.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts