Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 407 sw 1.6 hdi 170k

Hello to all....maybe is a repetition of a matter but....
I would like to know your opinions about it, specially if you have done the conversion.
Should we do it or not? Are there any changes or even fails?

I really dont know what to do on mine. Some say, if it comes with DMF there is a reason, others changed and say still strong after how many years.
Many Thanks to All

·
5,993 Posts
I swapped to smf on my old 2.0 hdi 110 using standard non dpf parts from a 90 bhp with no issues for over 100k miles even with a 140 bhp remap.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Solid flywheels are fine as long as you are happy to accept slightly rougher clutch operation most people wont notice much difference cars worked fine with solid flywheels till 20 years ago when somebody decided dual mass was a good idea :)

·
5,034 Posts
Biggest depate on the Facebook page, some say its fine others say not, my youngest son is going SMF in his facelift 407 thats been remapped at the end of the month. I'll keep you informed of our findings

·
2,602 Posts
Single mass for me in a 1.6ltr 307,2.0ltr..407 and a fleet of transits that ford accually supplied a solid flywheel kits for vehicles used in 'arduous' conditions....

·
Registered
884 Posts
The fore and against DMF to Solid argument has been done to death over the years on many forums. I'm old school,to me a flywheel was a lump of metal that stayed on an engine for ever. Then designers decided to make things complicated and expensive. When DMF's started they proved very unreliable and got a bad name,so solid kits appeared.

My take on the issue is that these modern generation engines were designed around a DMF.
The DMF is like a spring,it gives,absorbs vibration. Take it away something else will have to give. DMF's are now more reliable and better priced,the most expensive part of the job is the labour so there is not much in it price wise. So if it has a DMF keep it.
I bet this starts another argument?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts