Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that the triple fragrance refill pack from Peugeot is around £37. Does anyone know if its possible to refill it yourself with your own choice of car fragrances?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you can.

The fragrance comes from the small balls you get in Reed diffuser.

I bought three Yankee candle Reed diffusers ready to put in the balls to the fragrance cartridge cage when the Peugeot ones have evaporated.
Cheers. So any make of reed diffuser fragrance will be OK?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealer told me that during service intervals they will refill the fragrances for FREE, if empty, since it's part of the standard equipment for GT-line and above.

I kind of doubt that they will live up to that statement...but might be worth asking your dealers.

·
Registered
765 Posts
In reed diffusers the smell is in the oil(the liquid part) that gets wicked up the sticks. Many don't have balls, only the very cheap ones and i'm not sure the balls have any smell. I thought they were just meant to stop the sticks sticking together?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes you can.

I bought three Yankee candle Reed diffusers ready to put in the balls to the fragrance cartridge cage when the Peugeot ones have evaporated.
Hi! How are gonna remove old fragrance balls and replace new ones? The cartridge is closed and there is no way to open, just some kind of diy modifying. Tried to widen these thin plastic stripes with screwdriver but they seem to be very fragile.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've not paid a great deal of attention to the fragrance beads in the diffuser so not sure if the gradually dissolve over time or not.

Searching for such things reveals that Yankee themselves do sell a fragrance sphere which contains beads but do dissolve and last 45 days...or so they say.

Or you could perhaps use vacuum cleaner scent stick/pellets which are readily available and cheap on ebay but perhaps don't last very long either but you can buy quite a few for 40 quid :lol:

You can also find odourless fragrance beads kits where you scent your own and these seem to be the none dissolving type which is probably the best option?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi! How are gonna remove old fragrance balls and replace new ones? The cartridge is closed and there is no way to open, just some kind of diy modifying. Tried to widen these thin plastic stripes with screwdriver but they seem to be very fragile.
It would be really useful to know exactly what we need to do to get into the cartridge without damaging it. I am no DIYer so hopefully someone on here can shed some light. £37-45 is a steep price to pay for smellies :lol:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes you can.

Just researching Yankee Candle Reed diffuser and can only find liquid refills etc.
Where does one find the balls, please?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Search for yankee fragrance sphere...the pot contains beads but they due gradually dissolve according to the details..
Well, that was a lot easier than trying to upload a photo:lol:
Still can't fathom out how to put the sheers into the empty cartridge as no reply to that question yet but thanks anyway:thumb:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've not looked but I'm guessing a Dremmel and some silicon will get the job sorted but don't have the need to replace it yet....I'm certainly ky not paying 40 quid for smellies..that's a bloody rip off.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've not looked but I'm guessing a Dremmel and some silicon will get the job sorted but don't have the need to replace it yet....I'm certainly ky not paying 40 quid for smellies..that's a bloody rip off.
Maybe we could create a 3d printed replacement with little locking flaps to hold the beads.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, that would be great if user Beau could explain how he is goonna to replace these balls. Also what I'm thinking, would be great to cut a piece from fragrance filled pad from California Scents and put it in the ball cage. Because California Scents realllyyy lasts for long.

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
Yes, that would be great if user Beau could explain how he is goonna to replace these balls. Also what I'm thinking, would be great to cut a piece from fragrance filled pad from California Scents and put it in the ball cage. Because California Scents realllyyy lasts for long.
The beads easily push through the cage gaps and spring back into shape once in there.

Removing the cartridge is very easy...there's a slide catch above the cartridge then pull out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Look at what I found. Wonder where to find in my country. Unscented aroma beads. There are a lot of different quality aroma oils to make yor own scented beads.
Url : Aroma Beads

Yes, that would be great to make 3d printed aroma cage, easy to open, change the beads or whatever.
Beau, I will try to push out one bead, hope the thin plastic will not crack.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts