Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now done enough miles in my new-used 308 1.2 Puretch to refill brim-to-brim with petrol so that I have calculated the 'true' mpg to be 48 mpg but I have noticed, over 900 miles, that the displayed mpg never changes from 44.0 mpg. Is this 'fixed mpg' display a known fault? I believe HonestJohn had the same problem when he test drove the 308 for a year. If so does anyone know how to get it fixed?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Not a problem I've had and TBH I've not heard of it before.

See what happens when you clear the mileage from the trip and start again now you've refilled the tank. I always synchronise full refills with clearing one of the trips that I reserve for monitoring brim to brim fuel consumption.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I have now done enough miles in my new-used 308 1.2 Puretch to refill brim-to-brim with petrol so that I have calculated the 'true' mpg to be 48 mpg but I have noticed, over 900 miles, that the displayed mpg never changes from 44.0 mpg. Is this 'fixed mpg' display a known fault? I believe HonestJohn had the same problem when he test drove the 308 for a year. If so does anyone know how to get it fixed?
Hold down the button on the end of the wiper stalk for a few seconds to reset the displays to zero, then see how it goes after that.

·
Registered
888 Posts
It is necessary to reset your trip. I reset trip 2 every time I refueled and trip 1 after 9999 km, because after that figures are freezed. This is for easy comparisons between long periods. Say last 10000 MPG was X and second 10000 is X +25%, why so?
So, tap on your car icon left of the screen, choose Trip1 or Trip2 and tap and hold reset button below.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OK. Got it. The display freezes at 10000km (6124 miles) so I need to reset it. Done it and now everything is OK. Just done a 100 mile trip and it is showing 52.2 mpg.

Thanks for your replies. I've only had the car 3 weeks so still getting used to the little details.

I love the car. It ticks a lot of boxes and I am finding you forum members very helpful.

BTW the posting time shows as 1 hour behind UK time so in which timezone is this forum based?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks terry I sorted the time issue. I could not see anything called "Quick links" but I got there via "Settings" in my User CP. I am still getting used to the forum as well as the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts