Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems to be one issue after another so far. DPF, dual mass flywheel and now the display screen is going wonky.
Is there a repair that can be carried out on these items? (Like a Saab) Or do I have to find a replacement? Bloomin thing is costing me a fortune and I've only had it a month. grr:mad:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Wonky?
As in miss aligned? Or do you mean the monochrome centre display is fading?
You don't say what display, what age or anything. More info = better help :D
As for DPF, not just a 407 thing. Same with the DMF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
display

Car is a 407 SE HDI 2005, (aka money pit) Yes the screen is fading after about 20 to 30 minutes and pixels seem to bleed into each other if that makes sense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see on e.bay, someone in Poland is selling new units for the price most people want for a used one. Does anyone have any experience with these guys, i.e has anyone bought one?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
It's an issue with the phase 1 cars. My blue one did it, only fix is a new screen (read, not brand new) and getting it coded. I bought one from a guy on here, and he coded it for me.
My Old mans car is a phase 2 with the monochrome screen, and that doesn't do it so I assume Peugeot fixed it for the facelift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, thanks for that, looks like I'll be visiting a few local scrappies in the hope I can find a working one.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I see on e.bay, someone in Poland is selling new units for the price most people want for a used one. Does anyone have any experience with these guys, i.e has anyone bought one?
What's the name of the person selling from Poland ? There is a member who I believe is in Poland who repairs displays and also sells on ebay. He uses the same name here as on ebay. I can't remember his name tho would know it if mentioned. A few have purchased from him and not seen any complaints. Some have commented on the quick delivery and quality of the items bought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The name on e.bay is 'Autotiplubin' and the money pit has struck again. Car is in for new flywheel and clutch, now its got to have a complete stub axle, as that stupid bottom bearing assembly has seized and churned up the effing stub it fits on.
God, I wish I had never set eyes on the bloody thing.

·
5,087 Posts
?? Magma

·
5,087 Posts
New one to me, but if his feedback is ok, why not

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I have a spare screen, but it would need re coding. Plus I was keeping it in case my old man needed it.
Unless you offer me, say, ten hundred thousand pounds. Or, a 24 bottle case of Purple Moose ale...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just remembered: there can be a problem coding the display to the car if the display is newer than the car.
It happens because the software in the screen is newer than the software in the car.
The solution is to go to the dealer :mad: and get the car software updated.

I think this was on a small orange screen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got one from him today and is perfect although I opted for the cheaper ones he does where screen is more yellow than orange but paid 62 quid delivered and it is brand new and works perfect so I'm well happy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just buy one from autotiplibin on ebay. This screen is chinnese (same found on aliexpress) and works fine. A little yellow in the orange color, only english, french and 2 oriental languages (chinnese and korean??). The display arrived to Chile (sudamerica) in 2 weeks from poland, regular mail, about US120 shipping included.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts