Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone advise how to go about dismantling the a/c console on my 307,i need to change the backround lighting bulb as i cant see what im doing at night , i took out ashtray and removed 2 torx behind it but that did not seem to loosen the silver bit surrounding the display as pictured??obviously i need to remove other stuff ??
Problem is that all of the buttons are not lighting up at night , ie +-,auto,temp, off,a/c evt ect ,only the lcd is lighting so i persume there is 1/2 small dash bulbs blown

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
have a look on hte interior section there is a guide there, but basically to make your life easier remove the cd changer, ashtray and them 2 torx screws you were talking about, from the bottom edge of where the cd changer was you wll notice the union of the two panels. pull towrds you and it should pop off, you can pop the gear lever leather bit off too if it bothers you but not a must.

once that is off there is 4 torx screws around the unit, take those off. on the top of the unit you will see a lever push down on this and they should unclip.

push the unit in and hey presto. be carefull with the wiring, is not got a lot of room to play with. the just do the same backwards.

it is actually 3 bulbs, 2 light up the screen and only 1 lights up all the buttons.

you can also cahnge the colour of the lights. ive just done mine and it looks quite nice.
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/interior-55/307-climate-control-leds-13882/index7.html

if you were closer id give u a hand.

saying that i have fancied going to ireland for a while.... lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate , i dont the prongs to remove cd player so will have to get some before i start ! What are the type of bulbs i need i have some spare that i used for the display on top of dash for radio, r they the same? Cheers

·
Registered
207 Posts
i didnt have the prongs either, just use a thin screwdriver that fits in there, or actually 4 of them, i got a set of thin torx screwdrivers so i just used that!

in my case the ones for the dash bit you are talking about (its called MFD multi function display) in my case they were different, the ones for the MFD you can just change the bulb it self, and the ones for the climate control, the bulbs were soldered on, if that makes sense.

but yeah they look the same, you should just get on ebay get a few leds and swap em for those, it look so much better, and the best thing is, it'll probably be years untill you come across another 307 with light other than the bog standard orange ones!

ive done mfd and the cc, now want to do the dials and doors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts