Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mates,
Can anyone out there help me with procedure and details on step by step process to remove the top cylinder head cover of my peugeot 407hdi.

I had a leak rocker cover gasket and i was trying to replace with a new one, and one of the bolts from the rocker cover slipped into the cylinder head and I got no clue on how to remove the cylinder head cover to get the bolt out before i could start the engine.

Please someone help.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
If you have the rocker cover off surely the offending bolt hasn't got past the valves. Shouldn't be that hard to recover?

·
5,071 Posts
If you have the rocker cover off surely the offending bolt hasn't got past the valves. Shouldn't be that hard to recover?
yep i would have thought its just stuck somewhere on top, surely it cant have made it into the cylinders,can it??

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Would need to be a tiny bolt to get into the cylinders!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, the bolt is about 6mm dia about 1inc long.
i could see it but to get it out the head cover must be removed and i dont have clue all i need is just a bit of guide.

·
5,071 Posts
yes, the bolt is about 6mm dia about 1inc long.
i could see it but to get it out the head cover must be removed and i dont have clue all i need is just a bit of guide.
can you take a picture of the bolt??
have you tried using a magnet to get at it??
taking the cylinder head off is a big job and if your not good at it will cause all sorts of problems including possible engine failure if your unlucky

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i catch in my thiis with magnetic telescop try ?if not send me pm with your vin and i upload for you instruction to remove head
thanks mate, my car is 407 1.6hdi 54 reg,saloon. i shall be glad if you can upload the sturf for me.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts