Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brakes on my 107 let out a horrid crunch when applied to stop suddenly.
Is this a common problem or is it my brake pads? I have read somewhere that you do have to be careful as it can end up costing you discs and pads as the pads wear down it scores the disc? I need someone who is clued up on cars because a dim wit like me is like putty in rip off garages hands!

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
its normal general maintenence. pads last a few years so checking them every now and again is easy

if its crunching already the discs will be damaged already

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Monty.

It is like a grinding sound ...only noticed the other day.

How much should I pay on a max?
Peugeot quoted 250.

:eek:

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
250 bloody hell what are they made out of gold

discs and pads for my car are about 60 quid. plus an hours labour

your discs should be alot less then that

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I was quoted £72 each for rear discs on mine plus £26 for the pads from my local BMS.

I can get a pair of branded discs off ebay for around £86 though. Going off the local BMS prices the Peugeot price doesn't seem overly expensive. Parts from BMS cost £170 with £80 to cover labour charges. I'll bet the Peugeot parts are more expensive than BMS.

·
6,431 Posts
Eurocarparts have front discs at about £20.00 each and a set of pads for about £19.00 they are Pagid which is a good make (OEM supplier to VAG etc).

So a local independent garage should be able to do it cheaper

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would advise you to deal with this problem urgently. Not only are you damaging your brakes each time you use them, but your car will not be braking safely or predictably. £250 is excessive, but safety is key.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts