Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've been having problems with my 307 2.0 HDI 110bhp with the RHS engine. I get the engine management light and antipollution errors also sometimes unblock diesel filter. We also sometimes get the traction control light error, which we did get fixed, needed a new abs sensor on one of the back wheels, but this error has returned.
Basically the problem we have is that the car won't rev past 2600rpm in any gear, it pulls the car speed down the more we rev at this point, interestly it only seems to do this once the traction control light comes on, and before the light comes on the car is better in that it revs past 2600rpm fine but we can't feelthe turbo kicking it at about 3000rpm like it used to.
I've just dissconnected the MAF sensor connector and took for a drive and the car is much better it revs past 2600rpm fine but still the top end isn't there and turbo still doesn't seem to be working. With the MAF sensor dissconnected i didn't get any errors flash up though.
Anyone got any ideas? Would it be best to just replace the MAF sensor or would it be best to still get it on a computer at a garage? Would the EGR valve contribute to the turbo not kicking in?

G

·
Replace the fuel filter, and check the low pressure side of the fuel system for air leaks - the obvious is worth eliminating before concentrating on the esoteric.

A nacked EGR will cause running problems, but won't stop the turbo spooling. Sounds to me like it may have tripped into run safe mode (AKA limp home).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi We changed the fuel filter a couple of months back and put some Forte advanced treatment in there but made no difference. I agree i think its in limp home mode but why the reason for this? Do you think it needs the whole particulate and fluid checking? Its a 51 reg car and 103000 miles, not sure if that system had been checked with the previous owner as I've only had the car 1 year.
I didn't mention anything about the turbo spooling as i don't know how to tell so how do you know from what i said, if its going over 3000rpm does that mean the turbo is spooling?

G

·
Does it have a FAP on a car that age?

If so, you wanna get it on Planet, check the differential pressure. It's at the mileage where the filter is liable to be clagged solid and require replacement (or dismantling and cleaning if you're the rebellious type).

·
Registered
196 Posts
hi i have the same engine as that had all the same problems.you really need to get the codes off the ecu.mine turned out to be the wastegate sticking.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi
Yes has the FAP. I haven't a clue whether or not the car with the previous owner had the FAP system maintained. It has a full service history and stamped by a mobile mechanic from the previous owner but nothing mentioned about this system. I know i need to get the level of the eolys fluid checked, and to get it on the computer, goign to book it in this next week and ask for a printout of the errors.
Is the differential pressure the live data to show how much pressure there is with the common rail?
What was the outcome of the wastegate sticking? Was it much to get fixed/replaced?

Also anyone have any ideas why when the traction control error comes on that it starts limiting to 2600rpm?

·
Registered
196 Posts
i just got it replaced as i was at work cost me £50.i had codes tho it might not be that without the codes you in the dark.if you in the southampton area i could read the codes for £10

·
Registered
196 Posts
im from ther just moved down here a yr ago.were about? just that im cumming up to see frends and family in febuary if you could wait till then

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Sorry guys i hadn't seen these messages.
Well we are in February now lol, hopefully you haven't already been up.

Well i had the car to garage and faults i had were

Perm Fault cam crank sync
Perm fault FAP Clogged
Perm Fault FAP Overloaded
Int Fault Turbo Pressure Low

He said he didn't think the FAp was totally blocked due to him getting a gas reading through it still. He suggested changing the diff pressure sensor, so me and my mate have done this but theres no difference really. I've got the car booked in the garage for Thursday for a free re check on the computer.

Has anyone any ideas from seeing the codes?
The car is really bad going up hills i have to drop to 3rd gear or sometimes 2nd on really steep hills. If i rev around 3000rpm for a decent amount of time then i get the eps/asp error light on dash and then the car limts to 2600rpm.

·
Registered
196 Posts
sounds like it needs force regen.to clear the exhaust and fap,the turbo could be the waste gate sticking or could be the selonoid. the way to test is buy new selonoid,and swap them 1 at a time,just mke sure the pipes are clear aswell.were abouts in north east are you from im up durham area on the 19th feb till 21st of feb.if thats anygood for you,PS:the sync for the cam crank,try takeing the sensor out and give it a good clean.its to the left hand side right at top of engine.just a spline to take it out and a plug

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi
The mechanic said about a forced regen, but not so sure whether or not it will blow the engine up lol.
Is the wastegate expensive to fix and what is it exactly? The turbo solenoid how many are there exactly and do you know roughly how much to buy 1 for testing?
I live in West Auckland which is about 10 miles from Durham City. I would appreciate it if you could have a look at it for me. What would you be able to do on it while up here? What woul be your charges also? Lastly, are you a mechanic yourself?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi I'm staying at hunwick witch is about 10 mins away when I'm up.there is 3 selonoids for the turbo.no I'm not a mechanic.just had to do all the work myself and belevie me Iv had alot of things to do.touch wood my car now ok no faults.how ever I do have acces to autodata and a brother with lives in ferryhill with is a disel fitter.to fal back on for information.but I'm up on Friday 19th it l be about 7 when I get there I would bring my pappy and pp2000with me.and plug it in and force regen it if you want?for a small fee just to help cover the cost of the what I paid for the lexia.if so just pm me your phone number and I will ring u when I get up there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hi
The garage i went to said about a manual regen but says it holds full thorrle for about 40 mins is this correct? They said its not a good idea of the car isn't totally reliable otherwise it may blow the engine.

Where are the turbo solenoids located?

My number is * and your name? i'm chris as you may have guessed:lol:

How much are you thinking? £20-30?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How long does the manual regen take?
Would this be a better option as opposed to taken the particulate filter off and cleaning with a jet wash?

·
Registered
196 Posts
yeah that price will be fine m8,regen with machine is only about 12 mins in total,and for that selonoids if you pop your bonnet look down radiator.they there the have 3 pipes coming off them 2 at the top and i think 2 or 1 at the bottom,i only got to 3 on mine and found it,a regen down motorway doent always work,you need to go over 3000 revs in 4th for about 5 miles, whan the machine dose it it idles for 3 mins revs at 4000 revs,for about 5 mins then idel for 1 min then back to 3000 revs,but it monitors the car awell while its doing it,only thing is they say make sure your timing belt is in good condition first.and to regen with the problems of over 3000 revs restriction to 2600 it wont regen untill you sort the other fault out,

im tony i will rig you when im up there m8

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok sounds cool. I have no idea what condition my timing belt is. Under the bonnet its tipexed on saying replaced at 31,000 and in my service book it has a full service history by a mobile mechanic and says timing belt was done at about 62,000 and I'm currently on 104,000 so technically i have another 30,000-50,000 miles before it needs replacing. Has anyone got any advice as to whether or not they would go ahead with the manual regen after me stating my timing belt facts?

Regarding getting rid of the rev limiting problem before doing manual regen, what do you think is the problem with the revs limiting?
I don't suppose you have a spare working solenoid do you, that you could try when you come up, save me spending another £40-50 if it ain't that. I already spent £40 buying a new diff. pressure sensor which doesn't seem to have made any difference and not actually sure if it was the correct one as it was a different shape but still had the two pipe connectors.
Regards

·
Registered
196 Posts
hi i think they more concerned about the filter been blocked.pug planet will tell you how blocked it is,i dont have a selonoid as i put it on mine,i got mine from eurocarparts.carn't remember how much it was now tho,just let me check autodata and see what it says we could be looking in wrong place but pritty much sure we not,

1 - 20 of 38 Posts