Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My daughter dropped coins into the steering wheel cover, making the horn go off randomly.
How do i temporarily disconnect the horn until i get a chance to have it fixed?
Or which fuse is for the horn?
Peugeot 407 se 2005.

Thanks.

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's 2a.m. here and the car's outside. I'll look in the morning. (I've a horrible feeling that the fuse for the horn also operates a few other things.)

·
Registered
103 Posts
On a slightly related topic, is it possible to remove the cover from the horn switch on the steering wheel? My horn only works if you press the top left hand side of the button, I think it's down to a loose commection in the switch??

Thanks

·
Registered
535 Posts
dreddfan said:
On a slightly related topic, is it possible to remove the cover from the horn switch on the steering wheel? [...]
You know that the horn cover is the airbag and you could end up deaf, injured, dead and/or with a huge bill? Yes? OK, This picture is from a 406, but I think it is basically the same. Number 3 is the airbag retaining bolt.

You can deactivate the airbags via the red switch on the very end of the dash that is visible only when the driver's door is opened.

Seriously, I'd be very wary of doing this; there's probably more to it that meets the eye.:eek:

Attachments

·
5,027 Posts
yea its the same on a 407,just poke a screwdriver in the square hole at the rear of steering wheel whilst pushing on horn and the airbag comes off,

C

·
0 Posts
The keyswitch only disables the passenger airbag.

To be safe, disconnect the battery and wait 10 minutes to allow any residual charge in the cars electrics to wither away.

C

·
0 Posts
It's easy enouygh if you're cautious. I'd be inclined not to leave them in there in case of some adverse effect on the airbag itself. You can do it, easy chum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts