Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I want to replace my front and rear brakes but I have read some where that I need bearings for the rear? I've changed lots of discs and pads on many cars but never on a pug so a bit puzzled here, I have a 2.0 hdi 90 on a 02 plate thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
They come as a complete item in a single casting with disc and hub as one unit and bearings ready fitted. You can get them without bearings (not easy to find) and swop them over but its a lot of effort

·
Registered
71 Posts
not sure on the 2.0L but mine on 1.4 hdi was just standard disc, no bearings because they are in the hub, but you can get ones with bearings in, take wheel off and have a proper look before buying ;)

also take note of make of caliper on them as there was 2 different ones if i remember right, lucas and bosch(?) but the pads are different.

maybe teaching gran how to suck eggs now but remember that the pistons have to be pressed and turned to go back, lil tricky without the correct tool but i managed with a F clamp and a pair of grips

Hope this helps

Gary

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure on the 2.0L but mine on 1.4 hdi was just standard disc, no bearings because they are in the hub, but you can get ones with bearings in, take wheel off and have a proper look before buying ;)

also take note of make of caliper on them as there was 2 different ones if i remember right, lucas and bosch(?) but the pads are different.

maybe teaching gran how to suck eggs now but remember that the pistons have to be pressed and turned to go back, lil tricky without the correct tool but i managed with a F clamp and a pair of grips

Hope this helps

Gary
Thank you Gary, I've got the wind back tool so I'm ok there the only prob I have it I only have one day to do the job as my job sucks for time off.
I've all so got the abs sensor to clean or change as I've got an abs fault (been told its the the back sensors that corrode)
Also have to see how big they are too as it lists 3 different sizes of discs for my car :(

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all I've looked at my front discs today and there 290mm vented but I carnt seem to find them on eBay or google :( all I can find for the 2L hdi 90 is 266mm or 302mm:nono: can anyone help? Thank you

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
most will be vented as they allow them to cool easily

i have had cheap eicher discs from euro car parts. i now have pagid discs. both were vented

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
just bare in mind when the discs have been used there not a shiny metal.

think of silver sprayed discs and your half way there :)

mine are covered but she stops on a 6 pence

1 - 20 of 25 Posts