Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to the forum.

I picked up a 57 plate 207 1.6 HDI 110 bhp 19k miles today and traded in a 06 Corsa SXI 1.2 80 bhp. I probably wrongly assumed it would be nippier than the Corsa, not so. The Corsa was far quicker of the mark and more responsive through the gears. Has anyone else experienced this poor performance or is this normal. On the way home just to test it, I struggled to get above 90 on an uphill stretch on the motorway.

Surely this cant be the performance I have to expect? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Unless some old dear owned it and never run it in right ,maybe get the bhp checked to see if it is 110 , had a 307 that wasn`t what it stated had to remap.
On the old dear note we had a nissan as a taxi , bought of an old geezer , couldn`t get the thing past 60 and it was a 2l , sold it on wouldn`t pull the socks off you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Unless some old dear owned it and never run it in right ,maybe get the bhp checked to see if it is 110 , had a 307 that wasn`t what it stated had to remap.
On the old dear note we had a nissan as a taxi , bought of an old geezer , couldn`t get the thing past 60 and it was a 2l , sold it on wouldn`t pull the socks off you.

Thanks for the speedy response, its had two owners, now I am thinking thats why they got rid. Should I be able to take it to any Peugeot dealer and ask them to look at it under warranty? I am in Scotland and got if from a dealer in England don't fancy taking 224 miles to be told there in nothing wrong!

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Honestly i would bite my lip and get it remapped about £230 unless Blue has any ideas?
If you bring it in for diagnostics and it shows nothing your out anyway - but the remap is what i would do .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I understand what you are saying in relation to the remap (looked at previous posts). Should my first port of call not be with a Peugeot dealer and tell them its not running right, if they find anything that is expensive and will cost me then I can return it to the dealer in England under the Lion Used Car Programme:-

Our Lion Used Car Programme standards offer customers all of the important features associated with a franchised Dealer network.
These include:

* Comprehensive vehicle, mechanical and quality checks prior to sale
* Certified checks for outstanding finance, theft, insurance history and mileage verification
* 1 year Peugeot Approved unlimited mileage warranty + all component cover
* A 30-day fault exchange policy.

Any thoughts about this route. To be honest I feel really let down about the acceleration, just doesn't have any grunt and I am not a boy racer.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
* Comprehensive vehicle, mechanical and quality checks prior to sale
* Certified checks for outstanding finance, theft, insurance history and mileage verification
* 1 year Peugeot Approved unlimited mileage warranty + all component cover
* A 30-day fault exchange policy.

Where above does your car fall into "its not fast, thats because its a 16 diesel sir theres nothing wrong with it"

Try your local dealer just to see what they say,no harm trying you might get someone who`s happy to help you (and if you do get his name and number for the rest of us)
if all else fails remap , good luck let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Local Verve dealership agreed to road test it. The guy turned the first corner in second and said "there is no turbo". I have left it with them and they are now running diagnostics. Should be covered under warranty failing that Robins and Day can have it back :)

G

·
Darren2331 said:
Hi all new to the forum.

I picked up a 57 plate 207 1.6 HDI 110 bhp 19k miles today and traded in a 06 Corsa SXI 1.2 80 bhp. I probably wrongly assumed it would be nippier than the Corsa, not so. The Corsa was far quicker of the mark and more responsive through the gears. Has anyone else experienced this poor performance or is this normal. On the way home just to test it, I struggled to get above 90 on an uphill stretch on the motorway.

Surely this cant be the performance I have to expect? Any suggestions?
I have a 308 with the same engine, and my daughter has a Corsa 1.2 Twinport. The 308 is no firework, but it would murder the Corsa. The Corsa is glacially slow. you have something amiss.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts