Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had the car 8 days and the boot light does not work and hasn't worked since i took delivery but more annoyingly my Sport button broke after only a couple of days. Its stuck down and now the car constantly changes between sport mode and normal when it feels like it. Having to go through the touchscreen's ambience menus to switch between the 2 is a pain.

The boot light i would have thought would be tested before it left the factory.

Its just disappointing to have to give back for repairs after only having it a matter of days. :(

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've only had the car 8 days and the boot light does not work and hasn't worked since i took delivery but more annoyingly my Sport button broke after only a couple of days. Its stuck down and now the car constantly changes between sport mode and normal when it feels like it. Having to go through the touchscreen's ambience menus to switch between the 2 is a pain.

Its just disappointing to have to give back for repairs after only having it a matter of days. :(
Thats unfortunate for you Benay79 and just not good enough. Hope they have red faces when you take er back in.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
It's the same with all new models aimed at a similar demographic from all manufacturers in that it's the initial buyers who become the beta testers who find the flaws and iron out the glitches.

18 months down the line the new buyers are likely to have a smoother and more enjoyable experience than some of the first takers.

Yep the glitches must be really annoying but I've yet to hear a tale of woe like the one of the smashed up roof which fortunately ended with a happy endiing. After givimg myself a little time to take stock, I think I'd feel fortunate it was sonething relatively minor rather then a major calamity.

Hopefully the issues will be satisfactorily resolved which allows you to simply enjoy the car for the rest of your ownership.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My Belgian neighbour passed by my car the other day, pointed and said you wouldn’t get that on a German built car; he drives a Citroen by the way.

He was pointing at the misalignment of trim at the junction of the nearside front and rear doors as shown on the attached photo. This prompted me to look at the car more closely and I found the similar offside trim is fine but I now notice the heads of these doors are not in line, only by millimetres but noticeable when pointed out. Looking further I found numerous other areas of finish that I do not consider to be up to standard.

I know other members have commented about trims not aligning and Bluehdi recently brought our attention to the poorly fitted badges on the GT.

None of this particularly worries me as I shall never be looking at my car that closely and in any event it will be going back to Peugeot in three years’ time.

If Peugeot have aspirations of becoming a premium car manufacturer as alluded to in the press they will need to up their game considerably.

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
My Belgian neighbour passed by my car the other day, pointed and said you wouldn’t get that on a German built car; he drives a Citroen by the way.

He was pointing at the misalignment of trim at the junction of the nearside front and rear doors as shown on the attached photo. This prompted me to look at the car more closely and I found the similar offside trim is fine but I now notice the heads of these doors are not in line, only by millimetres but noticeable when pointed out. Looking further I found numerous other areas of finish that I do not consider to be up to standard.

I know other members have commented about trims not aligning and Bluehdi recently brought our attention to the poorly fitted badges on the GT.

None of this particularly worries me as I shall never be looking at my car that closely and in any event it will be going back to Peugeot in three years’ time.

If Peugeot have aspirations of becoming a premium car manufacturer as alluded to in the press they will need to up their game considerably.
On passenger side rear door towards rear quarter panel, my chrome strips didn't align well. I push one up or down(can't recall) as the had some give and it has stayed in placed for the last 4 days. I also have the issue where the interior passenger doorcard doesn't align with dash and the chrome section above glovebox is a bit loose at one end. I plan to visit the dealership and see what bits they can sort.. I assume probably only the glovebox trim.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
On passenger side rear door towards rear quarter panel, my chrome strips didn't align well. I push one up or down(can't recall) as the had some give and it has stayed in placed for the last 4 days. I also have the issue where the interior passenger doorcard doesn't align with dash and the chrome section above glovebox is a bit loose at one end. I plan to visit the dealership and see what bits they can sort.. I assume probably only the glovebox trim.
I played about for a while trying to press the trim home with no avail. If it had been the driver's door I might have been more concerned but as it is doubtfull I shall ever use the passenger door...........

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm down in the republic of Ireland this weekend and whilst some roads ain't the best, the rattles in the car that have developed since yesterday is no joke! Shocking! Another booking for the service department! I haven't had the car for a month yet and this will be the second trip!

·
Administrator
2,909 Posts
I still can't believe the poor alignment of the passenger door trim not matching the dashboard by some 10 mm which we nearly all have.

Surely someone at the production line must of asked their boss why!, (in French of course lol).

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Videos of the production line I've seen, probably VW not Peugeot, show quality control checking every vehicle (more likely sample analysis) with a micrometer. If that happens at peugeot it seems quite a few of our cars slipped through the net.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I still can't believe the poor alignment of the passenger door trim not matching the dashboard by some 10 mm which we nearly all have.

Surely someone at the production line must of asked their boss why!, (in French of course lol).
I've come to the conclusion that there's one person (more skilled) on the right side of the car and one less skilled on the left.. :D

Or could that be skilled in programming robots?

Reactions: Jill

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

I agree. Some of the trim fit is indeed questionable, and I am trying to resist looking for further issues!

Looking at some of the new 3008's for sale on the UK Autotrader site, it is clear that the alignment problem that you have on your passenger door (which is the same on my 3008) is not consistent. Also the one featured here of course is perfect:

TROPHÉES ARGUS 2017

I think its probably the dash that is slightly out and is down to when they tighten it up, it needs a slight adjustment. I shall leave mine, rather than trusting Peugeot to pull it all apart!

However, the next area for concern is the centre screen panel/air vent console. On many cars it is slightly misaligned all around, but as its removable I guess that may have a bearing. Mine isn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

The first ever showroom model of the 3008 I looked at, was a GT Line and it was in 'showroom' mode, so everything powered up.

One of the number plate lights would come on and off if you touched it, and the rear seat levers that lower the seats from the boot were broken as well. You pulled them and nothing happened I didn't bother to mention it, just assumed that visiting customers had worn it out already, or it was an early release model for the showroom.

I agree that such issues should be picked up before delivery, but what isn't helping at the moment is the huge demand for the 3008. I think standards will slip, with pressures to get more and more cars out the factory.

As long as dealers, sort these faults without question and quickly, then that isn't too bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did they manage to sort your chrome trim above the glovebox? I have the same issue, it rattles/vibrates on some road surfaces.

I also have the same issue with the door card and dash on the passenger side. Not sure that they will be able to do anything about it though.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Please let us know which model of 3008 you have?

The chrome trim above the glovebox was loose on my own 3008 from new and no amount of pushing on it would get it to clip back in. Eventually it came completely out and I flagged it to the Sales team at my dealership, who immediately ordered a new piece of trim.

I suspect one of the white clips was a bit iffy. Once the piece of trim is removed, they are easy to take off. Interestingly, I think I've established the fusebox cover in the glovebox uses the same white clips, so perhaps to remedy it in the short term, I could have swapped one from there.

Once the whole new piece of chrome trim (which includes the clips as part of it) was fitted, it is very tight now.

See my original post, showing the trim and clip arrangement:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...-passenger-door-alignments-271442/index3.html

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/gt-model-uk-tracking-254586/index62.html

In the post above, you'll see the alignment issue I also have on my new 3008 (on the passenger side door and dashboard), which to be honest I'm not going to do anything about, as I do not want things all undone to probably make no difference! I cannot see any give in any of the parts on the passenger door or the dash, so I can't really see how it could be easily resolved. I did wonder if the passenger door car though needs to be slightly adjusted, but I think I'll just live with it.

It is very odd how a lot of the new 3008's don't have this issue, but some slip out with it. They are clearly not checking this as part of their quality checks. External build quality is also another area that people have spotted in places.

You'll notice in this link below, posted recently, that the car used for this official photo shoot also has the same door/dash alignment problem as well!

https://www.eyerevolution.co.uk/tours/Peugeot-3008/

Some of the interior trim in the 3008 needs better checks by Peugeot before it leaves the factory. My first long drive and the chrome trim that runs the length of the passenger side (to the left of the auto gear lever) and up to the iCockpit button/radio mute button came unclipped at the top and was actually sticking up by the iCockpit button. I put quite some pressure on it, and its now stayed clipped in place, but I'm watching it, in case it reoccurs.

Also the fairly large black trim panels, again to the right of the passenger seat (that run down the side of the passenger seat and up to the glovebox), have a join in them and this also seemed not to be clipped in properly, and a couple of times I've pushed them hard to hopefully engage them.

It doesn't spoil things, but they are silly things that aggravate and should go on the list of 'do better' by Peugeot.

I looked around a new Skoda Kodiaq in the showroom today (boring car inside and out - oh and blooming expensive), but the fit and finish was very tight all around the car.

Still love my 3008 though despite a few niggles :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.