Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today my pug decided to tell me I'd got an anti pollution fault, so knowing this could even mean absolutely anything I plugged into pp200 to find that it's the oil level sensor.

Is there any way to disable this in pp2000 so I don't have to buy an replace the sensor?

I religiously check my oil with the dip stick weekly and to be honest I've only just found out whilst reading about this sensor that my car has got a digital oil gauge.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The sensor is really prone to failure... mine tell's me i've either no oil at all, or i'm perfect.

Now, the DPF faults popping due to oil level... if so i should have problems long ago (maybe, mine still works, although with bad readings. Yours can be faulty and uncreachable)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got no problems with chopping the wire off or un plugging it providing the anti pollution fault doesn't keep coming on due to this?

Is it easy to get to on a 2.0 110?

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think on a 307 as you look at the engine.
R/H side rear of the engine block its a green plug/cap/connector
you could try looping the connector giving a false full reading

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you say looping do you mean just short the 2 wires ?

I would have thought a sensor like this would work off resistance, could some kind person go and measure the resistance of their working sensor so I can try and replicate this with a resistor on the end of the wires?

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you chop it off you will have a permanent fault code, likewise if you short it out, you need to find the resistance within the normal operating range, preferably that indicates full and solder a fixed resistor closest to that value accross the wires, as you quite rightly say.

·
11,722 Posts
A faulty oil level sensor should not cause an anti pollution fault.

They're prone to inaccuracy, I believe because of oil accumulation on the sensor. As its round the back of the engine its very hard to change.

Planet records a fault positive with "incorrect oil temperature information" on many 307s because some don't have an oil temperature gauge on the dash. Are you sure you're not misreading this error?

My sensor works perfectly after every oil change, then slowly stops reporting correctly, usually showing empty.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm ill plug it back in next time the anti pollution fault appears but when i plugged it in last night there was no faults on the bsi and on the engine ecu there was 2 faults.

1 saying something about the oil level sensor inaccuracy
The other one was the upstream temp sensor which has been there ever since my dpf removal map.

·
Registered
596 Posts
If you have a DPF removal map, how are you getting DPF faults ?

The upstream temp sensor is probably causing the DPF error. You probably got a map to disable DPF, but didn't disable it in the BSI via PP2000.

Tell us error numbers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill plug it in next time the error comes on and let you know.

Please tell me how to disable dpf in the BSI as i could only find the option to disable the additive ecu which I have done already.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
The DPF may be listed under fuel injection or similar and if found needs to be set to absent. Best way is to start at the top of the ecu list and look through all the headings / sub headings until found.

I once programmed out the DPF on a 307 prior to the owner getting a remap and seem to recall having to make two changes but that was over two years ago so can't remember the exact steps taken.

·
Registered
596 Posts
On topic but different: What is the best order ?

1. Remap the ECU to DPFoff
2. PP2000 to DPFoff
3. Physically DPFoff

Or the other way around ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well just playing about with planet but I can't for the life of me find anywhere about turning off the fap other than disabling the additive ecu..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts