Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.. we've just purchased our second Peugeot 307, as the first was laid to rest due to an unfortunate accident.

this newer one has a really annoying chime/alarm that sounds when your speed goes over 120 km/h or so.. does anyone know to disable this thing? the dealer says they simply will not do it :nono:

G

·
Find someone with Planet and deactivate it. I can't think of a way of hard disabling it that won't affect something else.

G

·
I think you're likely right Jet, and pulling the fuse would probably disable a load of other stuff too.

The only thing I can think of is to trace where it takes the signal from the speedo (or wherever the speed input comes from) and disconnect that.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
If you have, or know someone who has PP2000 you can access BSI settings and either enter a speed of your choice, if you want to be warned when you reach that speed, or, if you enter 255 as the speed, the system is deactivated.
This question was asked nearly 6 years ago so I guess he either managed to sort it out or put up with the warning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I saw it was old. The trouble is, I think a lot of people use these forums selfishly (is that even a word? ?) they use them when they're stuck, and rarely update when they're sorted. I had this annoying alarm and found the 2 posts on this forum. One has 2,900+ views, the other (this one) 3,300+! So I figured, although it's 6 years old, looks like many people still have the issue. I managed to sort mine, so thought I'd put my twopeneths (??)
Worth in. Plus I just like writing on forums?

·
Registered
1 Posts
THANK YOU Dave82506

To Dave82506

Really thank you for this information.
I got citroen c5 and i purchased lexia-3 and install diagbox
I didn't see this paramater to change speed.
can u please give me some details and a capture picture if possible.
Because this sound it drive me crazy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.