Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2008 boxer 3.0 hdi van
How can I disable the speed limiter and how do you operate the speed control on the dash. I did not get a manual with the van so am struggling to get answers.
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Without connecting the van's ECU to a dealers computer/software I'd be amazed if you could get around the speed limiter. I've been looking for ages to be able to do that on a Ford Transit, looks like only the dealers machine can do it.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I would have thought so Martin. There is a facility in diagbox to do it, cant see why a boxer should be different to other models. Unless of course commercials have different regulations.

J

·
0 Posts
Nah, doubt vans do... lorries etc maybe, but wouldn't have thought vans would need to be restricted :nono:

·
5,087 Posts
Nah, doubt vans do... lorries etc maybe, but wouldn't have thought vans would need to be restricted :nono:
all our 3.5 ton sprinters are restricted to 70mph.........bit pointless really, i can do 70mph on a unrestricted single carriageway which is 60mph but cant keep up on motorways :rolleyes:

·
5,087 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
The boxer van is a Fiat. The limiter on/off is on the dash. To the right of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have a 2008 boxer 3.0 hdi van
How can I disable the speed limiter and how do you operate the speed control on the dash. I did not get a manual with the van so am struggling to get answers.
Thanks
Have you managed to have the speed limiter removed

·
Registered
282 Posts
I also came across a Citroen jumper 2010 today limited to 62 but Diagbox shows limiter not set made me think it has an aftermarket one but only aftermarket product I can find is a smartnav

@Davidireland on what button the MODE one as i think that only gives overspeed warning via a bleeping tone

·
Registered
17 Posts
"Goods vehicles with a design weight over 3.5 tonnes registered on or after 1 January 2001, will be required to be fitted with a road speed limiter. The limiter will restrict the maximum powered speed to 56mph (90km/h) for goods vehicles"

This is the official VOSA statement, I suppose it depends on the design weight of your vehicle..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts