Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all.
Have myself in a fix, only myself to blame.
Car needs an MOT in the next 10 days and if it doesnt get through the wife cant get to work :| (rural so no chance on public and we work very different hours and she wont ride any of my bikes :p).

The ESP light is on, have had the coms 2000 out and apart and have no doubt buggered something up as it insists the steering wheel is at 5834 degrees and doesn't change with the steering wheel turning.

In a vain effort this evening, I have hooked up Peugeot planet and its been suggested with a little fiddling you can get the light out sooo:
I managed to configure the BSI so the ESP ECU is not present
Configured the Engine ECU (???) so the braking is ABS and not ESP

However it still flags ESP fault when the engine is started.

Is a BSI reset required for these changes to take effect?
Have I missed something?
Is this not possible?

If I find a Comms 2000 that matches mine whats the swap over procedure and or am I likely to lose key encoding etc?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Best regards

-Chris

·
Registered
14,631 Posts
All you need to do is reset your steering angle sensor in planet.

Even IF you tell the BSI it has ABS the network still sees the ESP as this signal comes from the ABS unit

Swapping the comm un it is straightforward and no key coding needed IF done properly.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I know its a bit inconvenient for you but why not post it off to "TRUSTME" HE DOES A REPAIR SERVICE about a three day turn round PM him see what can be done costs about £40 with postage

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice there.
I am currently in contact with trust me, its looking like the steering angle sensor is 'deaded' however the problem is the car is needed for the wife to get to work so the down time is not an option at the moment (and I'm 3 hours drive away).
As for swapping the unit... It would need to be done properly as I cant afford to end up in it even deeper :|

Best regards

-Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Please be careful - I changed the comms on my old 406 with ESP to one from a car without, and my brakes gradually failed until the car became undriveable. I have no idea how or why it happened but it sorted itself when I put the old comms back on....:eek:

Have you tried to de-calibrate then re-calibrate the steering sensor??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, all recalibration functions result in a failure message.
One fault mentions the flywheel sensor not being calibrated however I cannot find any reference to a flywheel sensor (crankshaft sensor, however irrelevant is ok), maybe its a translation error?
Will have a further dig tomorrow.
Gm - that's what I'm worried about, introducing more problems with a different unit or buggering up the swap somehow :/

Much appreciation for all the input so far.

Best regards

-Chris

Ps, would want to keep the esp if swapping the comms :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts