Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Is anyone able to post specific instructions on how to disable the Auto folding mirrors on lock functionality of a 307 (55 plate, 1.6)?

The car spends most of its parked time on a private driveway and the mirrors are beginning to sound like they are going to die.

I have seen people on here saying "it can be done" but no instructions on how.

Many thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

It amazes me why they didn't put this as an option! Perhaps its always hot in France... The UK winters of late freeze the things solid.

If I were to get Planet myself, how hard would this be to do?

J

·
0 Posts
Not done this particular mod before, but suspect it would only be a 2 min job.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I was under the impression that you should keep the lock button depressed for 5 seconds before the mirrors folds (like automatic closing windows), but that's perhaps an option in BSI?

J

·
0 Posts
I was under the impression that you should keep the lock button depressed for 5 seconds before the mirrors folds (like automatic closing windows), but that's perhaps an option in BSI?
Nope, will fold as soon as clicking to lock the car :nod:

My 407 is exactly the same

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just give them a good squirt of WD40 & stop worrying about them . If they do pack in eventually, snip a couple of wires & Superglue them in the open position !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not so worried about them packing up, more about winter. Last year they froze solid on several mornings.

I will see if I can get someone with planet to do it, if not see if I can just detach the wiring.

Cheers

·
Registered
430 Posts
Would you believe that when I owned my Jeep Patriot , one freezing Frosty morning , both door mirrors froze folded & so did the drivers door lock. That was in a vehicle that was suposed to beat all weathers !!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Guys, can you tell me where I can find on PP to disable the folding mirrors when lock?

Or I just wondering before starting to using peugeot planet is there an option for putting it that just fold on deadlock or with a second touch of the remote??

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Am 90% sure you cant turn it off in planet, tho if you set the mirrors up you could pop the fuse out or unplug the wires going into door ECU

so when you unlock they don't fold in,

mine stopped folding out in the cold snap this year I removed them and put the in the house where it was warm, then stripped them down and used some grease from WD40 worked the motors back and forward few times and then rebuild them suck them back on the car and they have been grand ever since they even open up quicker now so that's a bonus lol :D

·
5,884 Posts
Some models you can operate and hold the fold function on the door switch until you get a chime which disables the fold option. If that does not work then you should be able to set folding mirrors to absent in BSI config menu

·
Registered
114 Posts
Am 90% sure you cant turn it off in planet, tho if you set the mirrors up you could pop the fuse out or unplug the wires going into door ECU

so when you unlock they don't fold in,

mine stopped folding out in the cold snap this year I removed them and put the in the house where it was warm, then stripped them down and used some grease from WD40 worked the motors back and forward few times and then rebuild them suck them back on the car and they have been grand ever since they even open up quicker now so that's a bonus lol :D

Nice!!! I would like to do that, I wanna do it due I work as a sell supervisor and have to be locking and unlocking the car many times during the day, I fear it would brake the mirror system. But if I wd40 it might not happen

But I dunno how to dismount it, I have one lil loose I took of the door panel and couldn't find the screw that tight it up, if someone could help me out.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Some models you can operate and hold the fold function on the door switch until you get a chime which disables the fold option. If that does not work then you should be able to set folding mirrors to absent in BSI config menu
tried it...it doesn't work

I've seen some models that you click two times to close it with the superlock.

But couldn't find it on the planet

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
no option on my car buddy to do that mines a D Turbo spec, but I must try the hold fold function tomorrow and report back:thumb:

·
Registered
114 Posts
no option on my car buddy to do that mines a D Turbo spec, but I must try the hold fold function tomorrow and report back:thumb:
Hey I just found, by mere chance and luck, in mine that if you hit twice the lock button on the key, fast in less than a second the mirrors don't auto fold, it locks the car with super lock(don't remember the term now)...

Dunno why is not on the manual...

Hope it helps...

PS, I have a 407 2007 2.2 petrol. Not leather seats sport version I think it is..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey I just found, by mere chance and luck, in mine that if you hit twice the lock button on the key, fast in less than a second the mirrors don't auto fold, it locks the car with super lock(don't remember the term now)...

Dunno why is not on the manual...

Hope it helps...

PS, I have a 407 2007 2.2 petrol. Not leather seats sport version I think it is..

·
Registered
17 Posts
mirror auto fold

just tried mine with the, press the lock button twice quickly as El shaman says and low and behold locks doors but does not fold the mirrors, simples
mines a 56 plate 1.6 sport :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
disable folding mirrors

just been reading the handbook and it says Quote, if you fold the mirrors with the inside switch , get out and lock the car the mirrors will not unfold when you unlock with the remote Unquote so if you do this in the winter you can leave the mirrors folded whilst warming and defrosting the car and then unfold when ready to drive away :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts