Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, While researching how to find my turbo boost leak on a expert 1.6 HDi, 08, (94k miles) I came across lots of issue with turbo failure through build up of soot and crap blocking the oil ways. It seems this is quite a common fault.

Luckily my van is ex water board so had full service history. However, does anyone know if even a properly serviced engine could suffer from the same dirt build up?

Obviously I would much rather spend time now eliminating the problem like doing an professional engine clean for instance or maybe dropping the sump off to check oil pick up.

Any thoughts or feelings will be gratefully received. Thank you

Andy

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Think annual or 10K oil changes best way to go, the design of the sump drain plug doesn't help as it is flush with the underside of the pan so oil can't drain fully.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think annual or 10K oil changes best way to go, the design of the sump drain plug doesn't help as it is flush with the underside of the pan so oil can't drain fully.
Thanks wynb, sounds like a good idea. Anything over ten k miles is silly for such a dirty running engine. I am going to remove the dump as well to check. ?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Good idea cleaning the sump i would make sure you get anti ash oil as well i did my oil every 6k miles

Have a look at the crancase breather as well you may need new o rings

Where the air pipe rune onto your turbo there is a seal id keep on top of that as well

The engine is canny so long as the dreaded sludge does not build up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks border_all! Nice tips. I'm making a homemade pressure smoke tester do should find the weak spots. Never thought about checking the crankcase breather. Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts