Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dismantling EGR valve

Has anyone ever taken their egr valve apart?
I ask as I removed mine to clean, but couldn't get to clean the 'inside' as the plate/plunger was still in place and unable to move. Does the motor/solenoid on the end remove in order to take the plate & plunger out in order to clean properly all parts.
Valve is from a 2.0HDi

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a self explanatory question once removed, but how does the motor come off? I don't want to go at in wrong and end up breaking it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone any info on how to actually remove the motor?
Really don't want to just try removing without having a little knowledge first.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried to get the info from Delphi (OEM), however, Peugeot have instructed them not to divulge in any information to do with their products :(
Can't see why Peugeot will withold such information :confused:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
jmkent said:
I've tried to get the info from Delphi (OEM), however, Peugeot have instructed them not to divulge in any information to do with their products :(
Can't see why Peugeot will withold such information :confused:
Cause they want you to replace it through them not clean it.:mad:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Peugeot dealer has sent me an email with his best thoughts on removing it, although he said they never have done it before only replaced them. Apparently the dealers don't have any specific detail such as this from Peugeot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
done mine at the weekend, can anyone confirm that it can only go back together one way as the 3 bolt holes arnt at equal distance from each other.
Also, when refitting the servo you drop the fingers on to the pin on the valve and then rotate the servo clockwise to line up the bolt holes.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've still got my old one so when I get chance I'll pull it apart and take a few pic's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts