Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I havea 207 1.6 vti xs pack.
Its a great car, but i miss a auto dimming rear mirror.
Is it possible to build in one?
Plug n play or do i have to get lots of work with it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can buy original mirror, but first i need to know if it is possible to swap the mirror

·
Registered
207 Posts
you will have to check if the wiring is there first, if it is then you most likely can retrofit, it may just have to e activated on planet. thats to fit the original.

if wiring is not there then that looks like a good options, and you can add a reversing camera! looks great if a bit pricey!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you will have to check if the wiring is there first, if it is then you most likely can retrofit, it may just have to e activated on planet. thats to fit the original.

if wiring is not there then that looks like a good options, and you can add a reversing camera! looks great if a bit pricey!
Hi m8,
Thankyou.
Where i can find that wiring? I pull off the stock mirror this morning, and under that plastic there is a little box what looks like a sensor for rain/automatic lights. There is a wire in it.. No other wires under that plastic.
Any hints? :)

And is it neccesairy to activate a mirror?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi m8,
Thankyou.
Where i can find that wiring? I pull off the stock mirror this morning, and under that plastic there is a little box what looks like a sensor for rain/automatic lights. There is a wire in it.. No other wires under that plastic.
Any hints? :)

And is it neccesairy to activate a mirror?
yeah dont mess with that those things are a bit sensitive!

if there is any wiring for it it will be where the fetoon light is, that unit on the roof, at your own risk remove it and check, but better waiting for someone who is 100% sure of this.

and yeah it will most likely need activating on peugeot planet. thats just the way this cars are if you want to retrofit original parts.

if any of the range has it you can very likely retrofit it, this is for everything!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah dont mess with that those things are a bit sensitive!

if there is any wiring for it it will be where the fetoon light is, that unit on the roof, at your own risk remove it and check, but better waiting for someone who is 100% sure of this.

and yeah it will most likely need activating on peugeot planet. thats just the way this cars are if you want to retrofit original parts.

if any of the range has it you can very likely retrofit it, this is for everything!
thanks again. ok,than i will try to pull out the rooflight plastic and than the rooflight unit. i try it later today with a screwdriver. the whole unit must out of the roof, right? I also going to check on ebay to get a PP myself...

·
Registered
207 Posts
thanks again. ok,than i will try to pull out the rooflight plastic and than the rooflight unit. i try it later today with a screwdriver. the whole unit must out of the roof, right? I also going to check on ebay to get a PP myself...
most of this thing are just pushed out, again do so at your own risk and remember there is a good chance u can break one of the pins and then it will rattle forever! so if you are going to do it, take your time and try and do some research!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
most of this thing are just pushed out, again do so at your own risk and remember there is a good chance u can break one of the pins and then it will rattle forever! so if you are going to do it, take your time and try and do some research!
thanks.
i will try to pull out carefully, it's only pull, right? no 'special moves' to get it out of it? which mirrors are also useable to plug in a 207? maybe the mirror from a 307?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have try to pull out the rooflight, no succeed :( it sounds like it going to broke when you try to pull out. I have try the transparant plastic.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have try to pull out the rooflight, no succeed :( it sounds like it going to broke when you try to pull out. I have try the transparant plastic.
as far as i know there isnt any screws holding this up, not since the 205!! back in the day when everything was screwed on, now most thing are just pushed in.

im pretty sure you have to pull it from eirther the from or back, but again be carefull not to break the pins!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Last evening i try again, but again no succeed. Yes, the transparant cover i get out of it, but the rest of the unit is so hard to pull out.
Now, the button of the middle light of my unit is broken. All the lights in the car are flashing when i open the door :mad: :mad:

I have this unit: http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mPya-DkLRQ8xoohOKfh7_oQ.jpg
this is exactly why i said take your time and do research! its not just plastic... its french plastic! dont forget that when trying to remove anything of a french car!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is exactly why i said take your time and do research! its not just plastic... its french plastic! dont forget that when trying to remove anything of a french car!!
Youre right, i spend some hours on research and i think i was on the good way, but not... :(

Before i forget, i have another question about my 207.. The radius petrol usage meter on the display... Till 90km he give the right information, and then the display goes to: " ---- " so, from that moment i can't see how much km i still can drive with my reserve petrol. Is that normally? Can i change 90 to 30km before he goes to: ---- ?

·
6,572 Posts
There is no need to program in bsi etc mirror is very simple even if harness is missing it only requires an ignition switched 12v supply. There is just a photo cell in mirror surround (next to led) which dims mirror when bright light hits sensor

Reactions: cisco307HDI

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is no need to program in bsi etc mirror is very simple even if harness is missing it only requires an ignition switched 12v supply. There is just a photo cell in mirror surround (next to led) which dims mirror when bright light hits sensor
Oh thanks
I have pulled out the reading light, and there is no cable for the mirror.
I found a open entry ( one pin ) in the unit. Maybe this one i need? See picture.
http://i60.tinypic.com/35lxekn.jpg

·
Registered
207 Posts
im pretty sure one of the wires going to the lights is an ignition swithed 12v, at least on the 307, the reading lights dont come on unless the ignition is on. does that make sence? you will have to figure out which one it is or get wiring diagram for that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Till 90km he give the right information, and then the display goes to: " ---- " so, from that moment i can't see how much km i still can drive with my reserve petrol. Is that normally? Can i change 90 to 30km before he goes to: ---- ?
In my opinion it is normal. Dont know about changing the limit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts