1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Own week new peugeot 3008 1.6 in version: allure
This version has classic halogen lights
Is there an opportunity in an authorized peugeot service to replace it for full led light?
Or if it is at least possible to activate the automatic dimming of the high beam on the halogen lights

·
Administrator
2,879 Posts
I guess in theory it's possible, but suggest it would be very expensive.

Parts labour plus they'd have to paint the new bumper in your cars colour.

As for auto dipping, it only the LEDs that do that sorry.

Save your cash as its only a pull on the stalk for you now.

Paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to the brochure, Smartbeam Assist is standard on the Allure (which has halogens as standard). Have I been mislead?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have an allure and went for the LED pack+bumper (£850 option!).

Looking at the halogen bulb for the main beam it's 55W (12V) and the LED lights are 2500 lumen main beam or 4000 lumen high beam. Looking at floodlights around that's about a 30W and 50W power consumption so that doesn't seem to be any different.

There may be some additional gadgetry as there's a box that both lights plug into.

PEUGEOT Smartbeam Assistance: (Standard from Allure onwards)
Linked to the Safety Plus Pack, PEUGEOT Smartbeam Assistance gives you one less thing to think about when driving at night. Controlled via a windscreen mounted camera, the system continuously analyses driving conditions, for instance the proximity of other vehicles.
PEUGEOT Smartbeam Assistance automatically switches headlamps to full beam when conditions allow, allowing you to tap into the full potential of the full LED headlamps* that offer uniform lighting to reduce eye fatigue, increasing driver comfort.
* Standard on new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV GT Line and GT models
The above was the brochure at the time I bought.

I know from experience that the LED lights go main beam when it seems there's no traffic around and dips automatically.

I have been flashed by people thinking the LED lights were full beam.. they were on the low beam...

They only do this when you set the lights to "Auto" setting on the stick.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hello

Own week new peugeot 3008 1.6 in version: allure
This version has classic halogen lights
Is there an opportunity in an authorized peugeot service to replace it for full led light?
Or if it is at least possible to activate the automatic dimming of the high beam on the halogen lights
You cannot simply replace the halogen lights with original setup, because it comes with modified front bumper and will have to replace the front bumper. Technically may be possible but would be very expensive. However, you would be able to replace the halogen bulbs in the Head Lights with compatible aftermarket LED bulbs.

As said by AndyA I was also under impression that halogen Headlights also has Auto dimming function.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
I have an allure and went for the LED pack+bumper (£850 option!).

I have been flashed by people thinking the LED lights were full beam.. they were on the low beam...
Thats because they are far to bright and hurt peoples eyes great for the driver improved comfort and vision and all that rubbish not great for all the other drivers !!

You will find when the winter comes you get flashed even more !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Only driven the once after dusk, and I found that the beams did not dip early enough to prevent flashing by oncoming cars .... am wary of using auto mode now after that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Only driven the once after dusk, and I found that the beams did not dip early enough to prevent flashing by oncoming cars .... am wary of using auto mode now after that.
I was a little scepticle about this but have found auto dipping to be very good sofar and have not had any problem, in fact not one 'flash' from other drivers, that's on Lincolnshire roads that are not very wide (just noticed you are from Lincolnshire also :) )

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looking at the halogen bulb for the main beam it's 55W (12V) and the LED lights are 2500 lumen main beam or 4000 lumen high beam. Looking at floodlights around that's about a 30W and 50W power consumption so that doesn't seem to be any different.
It's way different :nod: I don't know which halogen bulb Peugeot uses, but Osram Nightbreaker H7 "with up to 130% more light" is 1500lm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts