Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.i have a 307 04 1.6 hdi 110bhp. i have reason to believe that the engine in car is not original.it seems more like 70bhp. 0-60 in 20 secs,sluggish when for instance goin thru 30mph zone,then if i have a tiny hill takes ages to get up speed.
anyway,anyone know where engine number mite be hidden?
thanks

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
No point the engines are ALL the same regardless if you are down on power it is because the vacuum lines are faulty or a maf issue
90 hp and 110 hp are same engine only difference is turbo and injectors and 110 has DPF

·
Registered
142 Posts
  1. The engine code is hidden in your windscreen, I would rather crap in my hands and clap than read haynes manual, but like explained all these as bare engines are the same engine code defines the way ancillary are set up and some use different systems but in essence a 9hz & 9hx naked are a DV6 engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for ur replies.to reliable,the issues u mention would possibly be causing limp mode,my car not in limp mode,just dead as dodo

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
No they would not you can remove a vacuum pipe from your turbo and your car would be guttless but no so called limp mode to be honest what most refer to as limp mode is not limp mode just a loss of power like you are describing

REAL limp mode is when the engine wont rev over 1500 rpm and genuinely is limping home !
Most people experience the wont rev over 3k revs issue this is not really limp mode this is simply caused by the ecu sensing too many faults and reducing power and i stand by my diagnosis check vac lines disconnect maf see if power improves both these cost nothing to do

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Disconnect the maf sensor first if not start looking at the turbo solenoid and vacuum pump and pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts