Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the differences between the two cars/engines? they both carry the same engine codes EW10J4/EW10JP4 but the only difference i know of is that one from the XSi has 140bhp and the Feline has 180bhp. obviously the feline is the facelift model and possibly has a few added extras compared to the XSi but what is different to give the engine an extra 40bhp? ive heard that its just the ecu? can someone confirm this or tell me the actual differences?
much appreciated

C

·
0 Posts
Not entirely sure but I would imagine its mostly to do with the ecu, maybe uprated clutch etc. to handle extra power. But alot of manufacturers build in the ability to increase the BHP to their engines by just redefining the parameters in the ECU so when they facelift their vehicle they can also add extra power so its more desireable than just new headlights and grille ford did the exact same thing with the 2.0 tdci mondeo 5 speed box had 110 bhp and later versions had 6 speed box and 130 bhp then just before the model change it was 160bhp just via the ecu if my memory serves me correctly. We do exactly the same when we get our cars remapped to unleash some more power & economy :cool:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply, wanted to be sure because ive been thinking of the XSi engine with the Feline ECU and hopefully that gives it a little boost, just a case of some research and some helpful fella's like yourself with a bit more knowledge of the two engines, thanks man

·
Registered
274 Posts
Did you try the feline ecu/xsi engine combination?? Did it have any effect???

I think the 180bhp engine has variable valve/cam timing? I have the 136/140bhp xsi myself and I noticed when I did the cambelt that mine has NOT got variable valve/cam timing!!

The camshaft pulleys or one of them has an extra device on it that controls it from the ecu signals, or thats what I believe anyway. Not too sure how it works as I have not delved into it too much.

Looking at the engine codes as follows:
EW10J4 RFN 136PS 134bhp 16v cat
EW10J4 RFR 143PS 141bhp 16v cat
EW10J4s RFK 177PS 174bhp 16v vvt cat
EW10A RFJ 140PS 138bhp 16v vvt cat

The RFK engine is fitted to 206 gti 180, 206 RC, 307 feline and citroen C4 VTS.

307dan

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
The 180 hp engine has

Different intake

Different exhaust

Different map

Different cams

Variable valve timing

Bigger throttle body

Different injectors