Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to research a new battery for my 2012 Peugeot 308 (semi-automatic, Stop and Start).

I know it needs to be 096.

However, I've noticed a large variation in AH and CCA/Startup power.

For example, please see the image attached.

I have an Android-based double DIN head unit and a subwoofer.

Can anyone tell me if I'd benefit from a higher-specced battery?

One thing I do know, is that the engine doesn't often stop when I'm at a red light. I don't think my current battery is failing or anything but maybe it's too low-specced for my needs?

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ive been in batteries and machines powered by them for a long time and there s a simple rule of thumb: decide whether its for cranking or deep-cycle(leisure) applications and as reliable has said on many occasions(and im starting to do now also), get the biggest AH capacity that will physically fit in the tray. Dont go by what the retailers etc specify by number, take measurements and choose your own. And.. yes.. this definately goes if you have lots of ancillary equipment like amps and extra fogs etc.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
All batteries lose capacity (AH) over time, so the more you start with the longer it will last.
Provided the CCA figure is enough to start the engine, more won't be of much benefit, it's the AH figure which is most important.
If the SS isn't working often, then most likely the battery is failing. SS systems do knock out batteries quickly.
It should probably be an AGM battery too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts